Faster.

Suggestion is upgrade....And give your reviews to here....
    11-20-2008 04:13 AM
    Do you mean the firmware? If so I really don't notice a speed increase with my 800w but that is probably because now I have beautiful Clear Type Fonts and a 800x600 screen.:) All that said the speed seems the same as before which is impressive considering how much nicer things look. :)
    11-20-2008 08:42 AM
    I found speed *decrease* with the new firmware. Ultimately I uninstalled it as Bluetooth connection was dropping too frequently.

I did like how it looked with ClearType enabled though - ****much*** nicer :-)
    11-20-2008 04:06 PM
    i did actually notice a speed increase in both connect and disconnect times. the redfly used to pause for about 2 seconds before displaying the "redfly" logo on the screen and attempting a connection.. now it's about a half a second. And on disconnect my tilt used to take about 7 or 8 seconds to turn back on, not it's about 2 or 3 seconds. i like the cleartype.. very nice..

did anyone ELSE notice that the "vga output" button give you the option to change the resolution to 800x600? nice when using a monitor or projector.
    11-21-2008 12:37 PM
    did anyone ELSE notice that the "vga output" button give you the option to change the resolution to 800x600? nice when using a monitor or projector.
    I noticed it and posted about it a couple of days ago, but that message and a slew of others are still missing ...

:-)
    11-21-2008 12:54 PM
    I found speed *decrease* with the new firmware. Ultimately I uninstalled it as Bluetooth connection was dropping too frequently.
    Never one to give uip in a hurry, I reinstalled the latest (61) firmware. Doesn't sem slow today. Been running it for about another and have not lost Bluetooth connection even once. Fingers crossed, i think this mighjt just work for me.

I definitely still like the cleartype option ;-)
    11-23-2008 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD