Win Mob Dev Ctr Vs Advanced USB Networking

tony.wheeler

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
If I set the USB connection to advanced (RNDIS) mode then my Redfly works but I cannot sync with Vista and Windows Mobile Device Centre:eek:. I know I can use BT but this is slower.

Perhaps Celio could reconfigure their software to automatically switch USB connection mode if not set to advanced? Presumably my Kaiser (WM6.1) knows a device is connected - could the Redfly driver intercept that connection signal, recognise an invalid USB mode and then switch the USB connection mode to advanced? I manually do exactly this so it seems only to be a matter of whether the Redfly driver can recognise an attempted connection and then set the USB mode.

Any help would be welcome. I have searched for ways to get my phone synchronised using advanced networking but to no avail.

Tony

WinTakeAll

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
I have no problems syncing with WMDC in Vista over USB in RNDIS mode ("advanced networking") with my iPAQ 910c. When I got my REDFLY and changed USB modes Vista had to re-detect my USB-connected WinMo device and install a new driver for it but that was plug'n'play.

I don't know why it doesn't work for you but I thought you might me interested in knowing that it can be done.

What happens when you try to sync? Does Vista install your Kaiser as a USB device and then WMDC fails to sync, or is it the installation of the USB device itself that fails?

tony.wheeler

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
I find that with Adv USB enabled that Vista does not even see the device at all! When I plug in there is the usual Vista noise to indicate that Windows has seen a USB device but nothing appears in drives or in WMDC.

As soon as I turn the Adv USB networking off then all works fine and it can be synchronised. I will try some more searching - thanks for confirming it 'should' work. That helps and I will keep looking.

edk

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Tony,

Ditto for me on WinXP. I posted in the Fuze/Touch Pro forum that I cannot get my brand new C8 to connect to my Fuze at all - RF keeps asking me to set RNDIS, which it already is. But then when I go to sync the Fuze with my PC, it won't connect UNTIL I turn RNDIS off - very annoying indeed with the back and forth bit.

bioart#WP

Aug 22, 2000
Visit site
Hi All,

Just a note... I've found that not all mini-USB cables are created equal. Although they all charge the phone, I've had mixed luck with specific cables... others work all the time. The cable that comes with the phone always works, but the mini-USB ones are certainly not all built the same way.

Just something to keep in mind.

Art

edk

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I have a mix of cables as I suspected what you stated. I've tried a half dozen, and all charge/sync just fine except for the one packaged for Blackberry. It charges but does not sync (though Best Buy said the exact opposite, that it would likely sync but not charge do to special pin locations for Blackberry power.) I will say that the OEM cable is the least reliable - feels somewhat loose when connected. The Radio Shack Universal mini-USB works the most reliably IMHO.

- Ed K.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention