08-05-2009 05:15 PM
26 12
tools
    I currently have a Q9m and the Redfly work great with it. But it is time to upgrade and it looks like I am going to get the new Verizon Samsung Omnia i910. The Omnia has a 400x240 WQVGA screen. Are you, or will there be drivers available in the next few weeks?

I am definitely willing to beta test!
    11-25-2008 11:23 PM
    We’re in the early stages of testing the Omnia right now. It is one of a handful of phones that are high on the priority list after we release final drivers for the HTC Touch Pro and Touch Diamond. There are some problems with the Omnia’s today screen but hopefully they can be worked out. While we can’t guarantee a driver in the future, we’re fairly optimistic that we will support the phone. However, don’t expect Omnia drivers anytime in the next few weeks – it could be a few months before beta drivers are ready. I’ll update you when I know more.

miata492, I’ve noted you on my list of people interested in beta testing the Omnia.
    11-26-2008 01:56 PM
    great, thanks for the reply!
    11-28-2008 12:39 PM
    Just got my Omnia! let me know when it works and i"m on board.
    Thanx
    12-04-2008 01:38 PM
    I will definitely be getting my Omnia within the next 2 weeks so I will be looking forward to getting my Redfly working with it. It looks like the Omnia is already a very good seller with VZW so hopefully we wont have to wait a few months for he drivers! I look forward to beta testing!
    12-05-2008 08:16 PM
    What would happen if you used one of the current WM 6.1 drivers with the Omnia???
    12-12-2008 11:32 AM
    I personally haven't tried the Omnia with a REDFLY, but I've heard from our testing dept that the main problem right now is with the Omnia's custom Today Screen (many of the core apps work just fine).

You could try installing any 6.1 driver (make sure it's one for a phone with a touch screen like the Treo Pro or Tilt) from the normal install page at http://www.celiocorp.com/install/ or it would most likely work a bit better if you installed the latest build of the Touch Pro/Diamond/Xperia beta located at http://www.celiocorp.com/install/beta/

You can always uninstall the driver from the phone if it causes problems. We haven't ever truly bricked a phone with the REDFLY driver, but it's always a good idea to make sure you are backed up in case you have to do a hard reset (not common but could happen with a beta driver).

Keep checking that http://www.celiocorp.com/install/beta/ page for a mention of the Omnia because once it is listed there, the driver posted will work much better (a true beta).
    12-17-2008 12:21 AM
    My experience is not with the Omnia but with the Samsung Saga. Even though that phone is supposed to be very similar to the Epix, I have found that every WMPro beta driver I have tried leaves the phone unusable. After the Verizon Wireless splash screen, the phone screen goes blank. Only a hard reset gets me back to a functional state. So if you are trying a driver on an unsupported device you should be prepared for that possibility. I am hopeful that there will be a working driver for the Saga in the not too distant future.
    12-17-2008 02:59 PM
    I've got a Unlocked i900 Omnia and a Redfly C8 I bought a couple of months ago. I've been using the 400mhz Touch Driver and it seems to work ok. The home screen is a bit garbled but everything else works pretty good. Only down side is the Redfly driver causes the camera application to lock up the phone and require a soft reset with the stylus or remove the battery. I deal dont use the camera as much as the Redfly.

Has anyone tried the Epix Driver on the Omnia? both Wmo6.1 both have that homescreen. I'd be willing to give it a try just need the driver.
    Last edited by Balifly33; 12-18-2008 at 09:05 AM.
    12-17-2008 06:38 PM
    I got my Omnia last Saturday, exchanged the 1st one Monday, the Second one Tuesday, and recevied and returned the 3rd one yesterday. Pretty much the worst phone I ever had. I was really suprised. I had 25 missed calls between the 3 of them. Had real bad signal strength issues. I have a Saga i770 being delivered to me today. I am now starting to wonder why I ever wanted to switch from my trusty Q9m!
    12-18-2008 11:47 AM
    That sucks, I dont have a whole lot of problems with mine, but its a unbranded one so no Verizon bloatware. Sorry it didn't work out for ya.
    12-18-2008 12:19 PM
    any new update on Omnia driver???????????
    02-02-2009 09:52 PM
    We're close on a beta Omnia driver. Should be posted within about two weeks. That build should also include some significant changes for all of the beta phones.
    02-03-2009 06:46 PM
    Sweet I was getting ready to sell my RF in lieu of my Stowaway BT Keyboard, but man i like the lil guy.

Thanks for the good news!
    02-12-2009 09:36 PM
    Looks like Omnia beta is on site under Beta drivers!
    02-15-2009 04:57 PM
    Yes, the Omnia beta is up, let us know what you think...
    http://celiocorp.com/install/beta
    02-16-2009 12:18 PM
    .93 Its better than using the 400 Touch driver but the Camera Crash bug keeps my Redfly on the shelf and my BT keyboard with me for the time being, I fear I may end up with a new phone before a "Gold" version is up.

Thanks CK for all the hard work leaps and bounds as far as the support list for your device.
    02-17-2009 08:46 PM
    Yes, the Omnia beta is up, let us know what you think...
    http://celiocorp.com/install/beta
    I am new to the Redfly and forum, so maybe I am missing something obvious; but when I go to the link, I don't see any mention of the Omnia. Has it been removed? Since I am using my Redfly, is there a difference between the PC and mobile pages? In any event, has any progress been made since February on the camera problem?

I really like my i760, but a faster processor and (especially) more memory are tempting.
    03-18-2009 01:02 AM
    @mholmes7

Beta drivers are on a separate page from the release drivers. You can find the Omnia driver at http://www.celiocorp.com/install/beta. Sorry to say that the camera bug is not resolved in build 93.

-Laurie

Director of Engineering
    Celio Corp | REDFLY
    03-18-2009 06:36 AM
    well I saw build 147 was released any timetable on the camera lock up issue?
    03-19-2009 07:26 PM
    Any update?
    07-24-2009 10:24 AM
    Come on Celio Corp, please answer to this issue!

Redfly + Omnia
    08-03-2009 03:49 PM
    Having just joined the omnia camp, I second (or third or fourth) this suggestion. While it works fairly well, the bluetooth always shows as not available. I'd also like to see an update to the mobile viewer. The scroll bars are about halfway off the right side.
    08-03-2009 08:30 PM
    wce2k, what version of the phone driver are you using? The current beta driver is 192. You can get it at the bottom of http://www.celiocorp.com/smartphone

Even though the Omnia isn't listed on the beta phone list, the 192 driver has some fixes for the Omnia. If you aren't using 192, go download it (also make sure to put the 193 firmware on your REDFLY itself) and let me know how it's working for you.
    08-04-2009 02:36 PM
    I'm using 192 but the Camera issue still there.
    08-04-2009 04:18 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD