Driver for HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125//T-Mobile MDA/I-mate K-Jam/QTek 9100)??

snovvman#CB

Mar 20, 2005
Visit site
I'm trying to help a friend setup and try the Redfly and he has a HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125). It is essentially the same as the T-Mobile MDA. The Verizon XV6700 and Sprint PPC6700 are close cousins. They are all WM 5 Pro (touch screen) devices.

I am puzzled that all the drivers listed for these devices are for WM 5 Standard and not Pro.

http://www.celiocorp.com/install/

The file names begin with "RFS" rather than "RFP".

When I try to install any of the drivers listed for the devices list above, I naturally get a "incompatible platform" error.

Please advise.

graham.hughes

Nov 5, 2008
Visit site
I have an Orange M600 (HTC Prophet, WM5), on which I've installed the Redfly drivers for the Treo700w/wx (WM5). The Redfly works fine with these drivers on the Prophet. But the phone is rather confused when the Redfly is not attached... it seems to be in landscape and portrait at the same time...

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
The key when trying to install a driver on a non-supported phone is to get a driver that is for 1) the same version of Windows Mobile; and 2) the proper touchscreen vs. non- touchscreen driver.

For example, if you want to try a driver on a T-Mobile MDA (assuming it is running WM5 still) maybe try the driver for the WM5 versions of the Verizon XV6700 or Sprint PPC6700.

You really run into trouble if you try to install a driver for a touchscreen phone on a non-touchscreen phone and vice versa (for example installing a BlackJackII driver on a Tilt or something).

The drivers that have “RFP” in the file names are for touchscreen phones (Windows Mobile Professional). The drivers that have “RFS” in the filenames are for non-touchscreen phones (Windows Mobile Standard).

You can always uninstall a driver from the phone and try a different one (but always for a smilliar phone) to see what works best.

Just keep in mind that when using REDFLY on a non-supported phone, some things may not work well or at all vs. a supported phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb