redfly software/dock

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
Ditto with Ebag's comment. I would love to see a 7 or 8" touchscreen that can be mounted in your car and connected to your phone. Wouldn't be much need for a keyboard on such a device in my opinion.

wodin

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Ditto with Ebag's comment. I would love to see a 7 or 8" touchscreen that can be mounted in your car and connected to your phone. Wouldn't be much need for a keyboard on such a device in my opinion.

Here you go, hook a RF dock to one of these babies mount it in your car and walla! A touch screen PDA phone interface!

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
haha, seriously. i cant wait to get one of those in my car, but that will prob hav e to be a aftermarket option. cant wait for that dock to come out....

Bill R

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Whats the highest resolution the smart dock will achieve and, if at least 1024x768, will the apps be windowed or full screen as they are on the phone?

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
Final specs on the shipping version of the dock have not been nailed down. The dock's hardware will most likely support up to 1024x768 either upon shipping or with a free firmware update down the road. I should point out that when you hit resolutions as high as 1024x768, then the phone's clock speed and hardware come into play. You'll likely need one of the later, faster phones to run 1024x768 without taking a performance hit. We'll provide a list of suggested phones when we get to that point.

Ebag333

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
I should point out that when you hit resolutions as high as 1024x768, then the phone's clock speed and hardware come into play. You'll likely need one of the later, faster phones to run 1024x768 without taking a performance hit. We'll provide a list of suggested phones when we get to that point.

At the current resolutions, the phones hardware comes into a play.

I would not mind an option (both for previous and future versions) for multiple resolutions, so you could scale it down if you needed a bit more oomph.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes