Is this thing still on?

bioart#WP

Aug 22, 2000
Visit site
So it's been over a month since the last driver... is there still some development going on? or is there an assumption on Redfly's part that it is good enough for now?

I'd love to see some progress... pretty please?

Art

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I would rather see development time spent on fixing known issues than building new products. But I'm biased - I already bought my Redfly.

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
i agree with you there. There are some bugs (RFstart....) that i wish would get fixed, but the emergance of new products will help the company in the longer run and hopefully allow them to be able to afford a larger support staff LOL

wodin

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
X3.

I've actually put my upgrade from a Touch to a Thouch Pro on hold until the TP drivers are working better. Who knows, I might even wait until my contract expires like I should anyway.

bioart#WP

Aug 22, 2000
Visit site
I'd argue that having stable drivers should be as important (or more) than new products. You don't want to end up with a reputation of being a company with "almost works" products. If they can't show an amazing experience on phones, what guarantee is there that the other products will be good?

First build a stable and loyal fan-base and then live off them. So far, there are lots of fans, but many of us are just losing faith that this will be the product we thought it was going to be when we bought it... It is a nice red color, but I don't need another paperweight.

I still love the idea and the hardware... but it is just not usable in production.

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
true, (but mine would be a black paperweight LOL)....in my case the lag with Docs to go(word only....excel is lightening fast with typing....go figure) and the crashing of RFstart are starting to become annoying the more i use the unit...but overall it is great.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
We're still actively working on the beta drivers. RFstart and other bugs are on the list. One big issue too is with Opera 9.5 which we're pretty confident we can pull off and is currently under development. We don't think it fair to call a phone that ships with Opera 9.5 "fully supported" until Opera works so those phones will likely stay in beta until that happens.

Make sure to send any bug reports to support@celiocorp.com and reference the beta driver so they can log bugs.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
Sorry, no word jwebb56 on the next beta build release date yet or if the EPIX camera bug will be addressed. That's a nasty problem that we're painfully aware of.

bioart#WP

Aug 22, 2000
Visit site
Hi,

I'm happy to hear we are not forgotten. I had to take a hiatus from using the redfly as I somehow got into a crash at reboot cycle where every reboot would result in a crash that left the phone unstable (no audio on calls/etc). Removing the redfly driver (72) fixed it (only thing that changed). I look forward to trying the new version.

Art

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
BTW, there will be a new beta build posted in about two weeks. That build should include some significant changes for all of the beta phones.

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
I am on Verizon. Still as stated before, great using it with usb but get error when trying to authorize the BT address. It says I need to turn on BT eventhough it is already on. Tried disconnecting, BT off then back on, then reconnecting, and all kinds of other shuffles but no dice.

xraider13

Feb 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm with you all the way.

Though we paid for a primetime product, we're only getting the opening act. The promise is in the future, but call me selfish...I want the good stuff now. BTW- I think Celio should probably give Redfly early adopters like us free licenses on their upcomig software "Redfly" terminal that was shown at CES. That would be a nice concession for those of us helping them work out their bugs.

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
I had mentioned that in the TP Beta Driver thread. When I bought my RF I had a Mogula and it worked flawlessly. I stated that we all need to be patient as no one was ever promised any kind of a timeline for the release of the driver. the only reason I menioned my issue is because I was asked. So far I think Celio has done well in developing these drivers. I don't know if "thats what you get" it quite right, but we all need to be patient.

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
yeah, that was worded wrong. there are 180+ WM phones, and with 6.1 upgrades out and new phones being announced that number is even larger. it takes time and they are slowly getting it together, i just dont like the "give me free stuff cause i bought something that is in beta and it doesnt work perfectly' attitude...

xraider13

Feb 4, 2009
Visit site
FYI- I'm not on a beta driver. I'm using one of the "supported" phones and OS versions. Even so, there are bugs. It's not even that there are so many, but the few are very annoying and even deters me from using.

It is definitely the software because I have hard reset my phone twice and with Redfly being the only new app loaded, it's still buggy. Celio should do their due dilligence, and if it's not ready, then keep it in beta...but that's not the case in my situation, because I'm using a Sprint Touch w/ WM6.1 and is "supported".

I've even reached out to Customer Support, and the answers I've gotten like "you'll need to reset your phone" just don't jive with the $300+ that I spent for an otherwise dumb terminal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos