Redfly C7 vs. C8N

josswest27#WP

Jan 28, 2009
Visit site
I am an avid WinMo user, and I'm very interested in the Redfly; however, I'm not sure which is a better buy and I was wondering: What do you users think?

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
i have the C8N and that is the one i would recommend. The screen is 8 inches and that is still pretty small. the 8 hr battery life on the C8N is also handy as is the media port. But the C7 has a lower price which is its selling point.

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
and longer battery life and a larger screen, for me the screen and battery life were the deciding factors, the video in was a bonus :)

starky

Jan 21, 2009
Visit site
i agree. video is the nice to have whereas the others key decision points. if looking primarily for video display to bigger screen then redfly probarbly not the right device.

josswest27#WP

Jan 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys, I must say it has helped with my ridiculously benign decision. It seems as if the c8/c8n are the models that everyone's using' however, I could be wrong but I just don't seem to hear much about the C7. The great debate comes down to the differences of an inch of a larger screen, a longer/larger battery, and video input port.

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
Screen size alone calls for the c8n - if the c8 was still available I'd send you there due to price (got mine for 200 and free shipping), but now the c8n is the winner. Sometimes even 8 inches of screen seems on the small side. I cant imagine dealing with 7.

Aware

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
You only think no one is using the C7 becuase that one is the 'old one that us aged users have ;-)

Personally, I don't see much to get het up about over 1 inch more in screen diagonal, since the number of pixels is unchanged ... but I've not been hit with middle-aged eyesight yet ;-) For me, battery life is probably the most significant feature about the higher end RedFly. 8 hours+ makes your your decision the right one :)

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
Aware, I am not one to flame so please take no offense. I think you misunderstand the models. The c8 is the original Redfly. It has the 8 inch screen and the full battery life (8hrs+). It was D/C at the onset of the c7 and c8n.

The c7 has smaller screen and is quoted at LESS battery life (5-6hrs) and slightly lower weight. The c8n has the same battery and screen as the original c8 but has an added media port. If you are running the "old one", then you are running the c8. It cost 200 when it finally bottomed out price-wise "on sale". The new c7 is the lower price point(179-199). The c8n runs 299.

I recommend (unless video is a must and you have a separate player or a winmo phone with video out) that the c8 is still the best buy if you can locate one (ebay). If not, the extra battery life, screen size, and media port are well worth the extra 100-120 if you can swing it. That is this lowly geek's humble opinion.

c1oudrs

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
I've got the c8 and I'd pay ninety-nine more for the c8n plus my c8 to get a c8n. Lets face it. You will either like the Redfly or you won't like the Redfly. The c8n is going to give you the best user experience if you like it because of the battery life and video. If you don't like the Redfly, then the c8 or c8n will arguably be easier to resell on the consumer oriented market and the business market wouldn't be real interested in one unit . . .

Get the c8n or maybe the c8 if you can pick one up at a really good deal. Heck, I saw that one guy reported he bought a c8 for $185 and Id seriously consider selling mine for that and buying upgrading to a c8n . . . Get the c8n :)

josswest27#WP

Jan 28, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the info guys! i hope that celio sticks around and keeps us all updated with the new stuff.. I have a touch pro, and all I have is a beta version of redfly to run...

drowe

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Try contacting Celio sales, they had a few C8 units in stock they were willing to let go at a REALLY good price. I don't have any need for the video in so it was an easy choice for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire