external Keyboard and Touchpad that works

Aware

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
I've seen a few people who want to attach a full-size keyboard and mouse to the RedFly, and who complained they they could not get keyboard+mouse to both connect to a single USB port. If you can live without a mouse, and don't mind a touchpad the following might work for you.... and yest before you tell me, I know that part of the reason you want a mouse is because you don't like a touchpad. If that's you, then obviously this solution is not for you.

I just took delivery of a new PC from my employer. For the first time in close to a decade, I'm using a desktop machine, instead of a Dell laptop. I never use a mouse. I mean NEVER. And have not in close to ten years. I don't like moving my hand from the keyboard to fiddle with the mouse then come back to type.

So using desktop machine with mouse was killing me. I found this keyboard/touchpad combination online

http://reviews.cnet.com/keyboards/fujitsu-mobile-usb-keybard/4505-3134_7-31388071.html

It's a Fujutsu keyboard, and it has a similar 'feel' to a laptop keyboard. It is very compact, so would actually make a decent travel companion for the Redfly. Keyboard and touchpad both work well. For the first time I can see sense in considering attaching phone/keyboard/touchpad and a full-size monitor when sitting at my desk. But only under extreme emergencies ;-)

Oh - I think this would be a perfect companion for the Dock once it is available, assuming your goal is a complete, minimalistic docking system. Can't wait to try it out with one of the latest touchscreen devices.

Steve

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
cool, but does it work with the redfly? i personally prefer a mouse and i think that in the long run Celio will have better success if it can handle the mouse/keyboard together.

BengtBeier

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
It's interesting this combination works. I believe the problem why keyboard/mouse combinations won't is because Windows Mobile can't handle two devices at one USB port. Don't think the Redfly could do anything about that.
But maybe the touchpad is handled differently there - which in turn might provide a key as to what might work and what not...

Aware

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Yup - whenI found it worked fine on the Redfly, the first thing I looked for was a usb mouse connection on the keyboard - but there isn't one. Might have offered a clue though.

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
well, looks nice and will prob be handy when the dock comes out. still wish there was someway the redfly/dock could split it into 2...oh well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre