The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-25-2009 09:47 PM
32 12
tools
    The checkout the new e-reader http://i.gizmodo.com/5173090/fujitsu...yours-for-1000
    A thousand bucks for a color touch e-reader? Our phones will read everything this thing does. Celio could do something like this--a color touch for half the price ($400-500 bucks) surely? It wouldn't have to be as thin or light. If mimo monitors http://www.mimomonitors.com/ can do a 7" touchscreen for 200 bucks US$ then it seems to me that the geniuses at Celio could 'Redfly' something like that/w a battery and Redfly capability for $499 . . . It would be a lot more functional than the fujitsu flepia color ebook reader . . .
    03-18-2009 03:33 AM
    I don't see what these e readers give me that I cannot achieve with my phone with a lot more portability ... and far more features and functions.

Maybe if I was over 60 with deep pockets and awful eyesight I might see it differently. 8-)
    03-19-2009 05:35 PM
    Maybe if I was over 60 with deep pockets and awful eyesight I might see it differently. 8-)
    I'm all of that, and have recently bought a Sony 505 eBook reader.

I love it, the e-ink is even easier to read that the 'FLY because there's no back light, but you have to hack the books in order to read them on both the eReader and the phone without having to buy two copies.

When I'm out and about, and have a few minutes to kill ... well the eReader is a little to big to carry around in my shirt pocket.
    Last edited by wodin; 03-20-2009 at 02:22 PM.
    03-19-2009 09:00 PM
    I just wish I could put the dim screen to 'always' or turn down my redfly screen one more notch as I read a lot at night. Also the keyboard can be intrusive. With that said, I read a lot of ebooks on the redfly. Hundreds of dollars in ebooks. And I'm with you Wodin, except maybe a lot more so. The drm support in the ereaders is too much. The kindle has features the book publishers turn off (Excuse me while I froth at the mouth and go into conniptions.) So even though the redfly lacks as an ereader, I'm not ready to make the jump to anything else. At least celio doesn't start telling me what formats I can read nor do they start turning off options. Sony isn't quite so bad. I half expect Amazon to start turning out their lawyer-police on a regular basis. Im really glad I didn't buy a kindle now.

The worst thing about a redfly is that I want the next generation redfly and I want it now.
    03-19-2009 09:45 PM
    I agree I will not answer most of my e-mails and texts unless plugged in to the redfly. There is no better way I too cannot live without my redfly. Thanks redfly please keep up the great work.
    03-25-2009 10:13 AM
    Mobile Widgets in WinMo 6.5

For those wishing that WinMo improves in the future, it seems that developing applications will be a lot easier with release of 6.5. Not only that, it also means that RedFly compatibility with these new applications should be a lot easier to implement.

Microsoft is finally realizing their mistake with current WinMo application development using their SDK, and they are even implementing the W3C standard for mobile widget applications.

I'm hopeful for the future of WinMo... more so than I have been in recent months (although I'm still waiting on 7.0 before breathing a sigh of relief).
    03-25-2009 09:44 PM
    Yeah I also am horribly addicted. I am about to buy a few more for our sales team.

Great product!
    03-25-2009 09:47 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD