Looking For a Better GPS Program

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
Although I still plan on trying iguidance when I have some spare time - I wanted to mention that Live Search is now magically unbroken for me in the newest release of the driver (147) on my TP. I am happy as this is my normal around town mapper, because I like the search capability and voice recognition that is built in.

Still looking for something that allows me to store maps locally and would also like the abiliity to route to an intersection as I can't seem to get Live Search to do that.

laurieny

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
Wow, it sounds like the pixie dust that sales rep sold us actually works! I will have to order some more...

:D

-Laurie

Director of Engineering
Celio Corp | REDFLY

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
Hmm - I guess the pixie dust only lasts 24 hours as I now have my Live Search problem back. Does anyone else have this issue? When i am using Live Search on my RF and I try to display a map while tracking with GPS I lose my RF connection. Oddly enough, Google Maps works, too bad I really prefer Live Search.

Also, I checked and still cannot connect via BT. Beginning to wonder if it has to do with the rom I am running - altho with early versions of the beta both of the options worked.

Well, I guess you win some you lose some.

laurieny

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
Actually we believe this problem to be the result of the GPS on that phone causing a packet stall. Which then causes Live Search to choke. We have escalated the issue, but I don't expect a rapid solution.

-Laurie

badersk

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Also, I checked and still cannot connect via BT. Beginning to wonder if it has to do with the rom I am running - altho with early versions of the beta both of the options worked.

Well, I guess you win some you lose some.[/QUOTE]

I don't know which rom you are using but I had been running a series of roms from xda and had to go back to the stock rom (without bloatware of course) because I could no longer connect to my redfly. I never pursued a solution.

drowe

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I just got my On Course Navigator 8 card today and I works great! I had a bluetooth GPS (thanks Verizon for locking the internal down!) and had my xv6900 connected with bluetooth and it was full screen and wonderful! BuyGPSnow has it on a 2GB card for only $49.99. It says it is for 5 days only and I ordered mine on the 8th so I'm not sure if it will expire or if it is a marketing ploy....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon