Samsung Omnia i910 and Build 147

reydio

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Okay, my turn at posting issues with this new build.

Issues:
  • Camera bug still present.
  • Today items are forced on: Date, Messaging, Tasks, Calendar - and they remain on until you revisit them in the Today settings. Sometimes they are already unchecked and they are still on the Today screen requiring a reset to clean it up.
  • Upon disconnection, the Menu bar is reduced to a non-thumbable size.
  • Background wallpaper doesn't load unless you re-do the Today theme. (The previous tip to pre-load a sized wallpaper results in the loading of it in a poor resolution or not even load at all.)
  • Also, upon disconnection sometimes the d-pad remains set in landscape when returning to when it was originally in portrait.
  • SIP pops-up at random.

Gain:
  • It really connects faster the 2nd time and thereafter.

laurieny

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
Sorry we didn't get more in for the Omnia before the last build but we had to draw the line or risk not get one more beta build out before we release. We are hoping to get more working better with it before we ship (there were ALOT of interaction issues with this phone when we started!) as otherwise it may remain in a beta state when we launch our gold release for the rest.

We do have the camera hang fixed now (though as always the caveat is that we don't work with the majority of camera applications -but at least it doesn't hang when you just try to launch it).

We are working on the SIP interaction issues now, and I am pretty sure that should be fixed shortly.

The other Today screen/menu type issues we have yet to address, so I can't tell you whether we can "fix" them or not.

Thanks for your patience!

-Laurie

Director of Engineering
Celio Corp | REDFLY

reydio

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
We do have the camera hang fixed now (though as always the caveat is that we don't work with the majority of camera applications -but at least it doesn't hang when you just try to launch it).

I'm sure you are working on it - I can't wait! :)

FYI - prior to build 93 the camera did have issues hanging on launch or use. Then in 93 and in 147 I can now use the camera, but I need to soft reset to get out or answer the phone.

balifly33

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
The only thing that really irks me about the Redfly Driver is the Camera Hang, I love that now I can at least take photos; but having to reset the phone afterwords just kills me. Half the time I install the driver during my work weak and uninstall it for my weekend so I can use the camera. I cant wait till your next build comes out hopefully I wont have upgraded my phone by the time a Gold has come out.

Thanks for the updates tho!

MPrimo

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
reydio,
I just had a quick question for you as I have been working with the Omnia quite a bit recently. I just wanted to make sure that along with updating the driver on your phone that you had updated the firmware on the REDFLY itself as some of these issues can be caused by the mismatch in the driver and firmware.

-Matt

Test Engineer
Celio Corp | REDFLY

reydio

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for the late response...

Yes I did update the firmware when trying the 147 software build.

But that's old news now with 163!

So far so good - I'm only having issues with the following now:

1. Wallpaper needs to be reset via updates for it not to be annoying.
2. The bottom softkey bar is "whited-out"

I do like that I don't have to soft-reset to get out of my camera now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99