Compatibility Question U.S. Cellular

MPrimo

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Sorry I misread your question at first, the U.S. cellular Touch is not one that we have officially tested here at Celio although the Sprint Touch and Unlocked Touch work well. There are mixed reports on forums that some of the phones work and some have had issues. If you would like to try out build 147 from the Beta page you are welcome to do so by downloading one of the ppc drivers from http://celiocorp.com/install/beta/

-Matt

Test Engineer
Celio Corp|REDFLY

MPrimo

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Typically with phones we don't officially support the best idea is to make sure you have anything from your phone that you really need backed up as worst case scenario it might require a hard reset, but this is very rare. In most cases it will install and most things will work as expected although sometimes different carriers tweak little things in the ROM and so there might be some different behavior. The driver can also just be uninstalled as easily as any application as well if it does begin to cause you issues.

-Matt

Test Engineer
Celio Corp.|REDFLY

crisscross5

Mar 24, 2009
www.lifeofgrace.org
Okay, so I installed two different drivers to try them out. The first was the one for the Sprint version of the HTC Touch, the second Verizon's version. In both cases the driver seemed to install fine. However, Redfly never showed up on my phone as a program. Is that normal? Should there be a Redfly program on the phone? And if so, does that mean the driver isn't compatible? Thanks for walking me through this.

MPrimo

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes that is normal. It will actually show up under the settings menu if you go to Start > Settings > System > REDFLY settings. When using it with the REDFLY I would recommend using the newest drivers at which has many optimizations in it. They are at the link I directed you to before and the driver for the htc Touch is gonna be the same as the one for any other Pocket PC, so you could use the Touch pro driver exactly the same.

-Matt
Test Engineer
Celio Corp|REDFLY

crisscross5

Mar 24, 2009
www.lifeofgrace.org
Edit...I take that back. The latest beta driver silences my phone so that it doesn't ring. Will future releases of the beta driver change this? Or, I could use an older driver? One that doesn't foul up the phone? I'd hate to miss out on the whole Redfly experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro