Mobile Viewer Beta Plus new REDFLY Driver/Firmware

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
So two big announcements today you can see reflected on the new celiocorp.com site:

1) Mobile Viewer Beta:
We decided to run a 60-day public beta with the Mobile Viewer in order to get feedback from customers. It is free to download. It's a very solid beta (not what you would consider early beta or anything - this is pretty well baked). Please download it, try it out and give us your opinions.

2) New Phone Drivers/Firmware:
As of this morning, all of the previously "beta" status phones (Touch Pro, Diamond, Xperia etc.) are now on the "officially" supported list. For any old beta users in case you're wondering, build 163 of the driver is the new "officially released" driver.

We've also released new versions of all drivers for every supported phone (think of it as a service pack) that incorporates all of previously beta features into every driver for every phone.

This is a major upgrade and it is recommended that all REDFLY Mobile Companion users update both the driver on their phones and also the firmware on the REDFLY device itself.

You'll find links to full instructions and all the downloads at http:www.celiocorp.com/install

Aware

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Links on the web site appear to point to the 061 drivers. On the beta site they are 147.

I must be going blind - I don't see a link anywhere to the Mobile Viewer download.

Steve

drowe

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I upgraded to the 163 drivers on the phone and C8 this morning on my HTC Touch. The only issue I have is with the today screen. If I use a theme other than the default green ones, including the included HTC theme, a couple of my today items are "smeared" and unreadable. I have 3 items on my today screen, HTC Home, Spb Wireless Monitor, and Pocket Informant. The HTC Home works fine, the other two are the ones that smear. This happens as soon as I change the theme whether I copy the stwater_800_480.jpg to \windows or not. If I use the default green theme with the swirly wallpaper, the today items look fine, but the swirly part is replicated, which I expect. It happens on both the redfly and with the mobile viewer. The themes that it works with are "Windows Mobile Green", "Windows Mobile 6.1", and "Guava Bubbles". It won't work with "Windows Default" or "HTC" which are loaded by the Verizon 6.1 ROM. I've uploaded a couple of screen shots showing what I mean.

My phone is a Verizon xv6900 (HTC Touch) with Verizon's official 6.1 ROM.

Thanks,
David

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
Links on the web site appear to point to the 061 drivers. On the beta site they are 147.

I must be going blind - I don't see a link anywhere to the Mobile Viewer download.

Steve

Keep trying. We also switched servers in order to integrate the Mobile Viewer into our product line late last night. So, depending on where you live and who your ISP is, you may not be able to see the new site for a few hours (or even a day or two).

It may help to clear your browser's cache too.

Aware

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
I tried three machines, multiple browsers. multiple cache clearances ... Tried with my phone too. Same everywhere :-(

Patience was never a virtue of mine.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
You'll know you're on the new site when celiocorp.com looks like this...

View attachment 18319

Sorry for the troubles some of you are having. Whenever you switch hosting providers like we did last night, it can sometimes take a while for people in various parts of the country/world to be able to see the changes depending on what DNS servers your Internet provider uses. Once your ISP has the new info, then sometimes the new site will just show up and sometimes you need to clear your browser cache and refresh the page.

Aware

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
OK can I gush?

LOVE the screen size options - especially 1024x768 and scale!
Performance is great
Slightly better mouse support for my non-touch Blackjack that with the RedFly.
I definitely would have used this in a presentation a couple of weeks ago - I used the RedFly, but that meant swapping between my laptop and the Redfly when using the projector...

Thinks I might change
The buttons - specifically Left, OK and Right - could do with a more modern look
Resolution - I think I would like to see a 'native resolution' option for presentation purposes - and then have that scalable or show it 2x, 3x native size. It's great to see the larger screen area, but most often I think I'd want to demo the actual applications at the resolution my phone shows them.

Super cool app ... haven't managed to break it yet, but I'll keep trying.

markkcurtis

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately it's a no go for me using a Touch Diamond on Vista with both of these latest products. Everything is installed but the PC software keeps saying that the phone is not connected via USB. It knows the phone is there because when I plug it in the 'Connect' button lights up.

The phone is syncing with ActiveSync no fail.

drowe

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately it's a no go for me using a Touch Diamond on Vista with both of these latest products. Everything is installed but the PC software keeps saying that the phone is not connected via USB. It knows the phone is there because when I plug it in the 'Connect' button lights up.

The phone is syncing with ActiveSync no fail.

I had the same issue last night and found that you have to have "enable advanced network functionality" checked in the usb to pc connection, just like connecting to the redfly. My XP box at work with ActiveSync does pretty good with this, but my Vista box at home has a hard time connecting with this setting. It shows charging, but the connection doesn't come up.

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
No issue with Vista for me. I will try this on the Windows 7 Beta at some point and let you all know, although I somehow guess Celio has already done this. Loving the options but I see that the screen capture option that mymobiler carried is noticeably not included. Ofcourse, as it is on my PC screen I can certainly use my PC screen shot tool. I only mention this as Mymobiler is freeware and is the main competition for the Mobile Viewer. I will add the the rescaling of the screen is definitely a BIG plus, but at $40 for a non-RF owner, it may be a tough sell still.

I need to play more with this bad boy and see what options it has. So far, it's a very nice start Celio. I plan on linking it to my father for use on his eeePC with his Mogul to see if he finds it as useful as I would imagine. He currently tethers via wmwifirouter, but the setup time and HUGE battery draw on his phone (that tends to overheat during this use and cease charging) makes him think twice before using it very often.

Last edited:

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
For some reason my mbile viewer says its a 30 day demo, not 60 :( Any word on price yet? BTW, so far I love it.

Yeah, it's 60. Some of the copies that were downloaded said 30, but either way, it shouldn't expire until June 1, 2009.

The retail price should be $39.95 when officially released.

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
Colin, In my opinion $40 is a fair price for someone just buying the software; however, for registered owners of the Redfly hardware it is way too high. I'd pay $10 for it since it has some value but honestly, if I'm at my PC or Notebook, I'm using their native apps and internet connection not the phones. And if I need to tether using the phone there are other ways to get it done that cost nothing.

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
From earlier posts the going rate for the software for a Redfly owner is only $20, but $40 for new customers. I see this price going the way of the orignal RF - DOWN.

Aware

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
I found a couple of times that Mobile Viewer couldn't see my phone. I rebooted the phone and then it worked.

Now I cannot get my phone to connect to my laptop at all. I've tried unistall/reinstall of various stuff. I'm guessing the phone is sick after so much messing around. Will try to make time to reimage the phone over the weekend.

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
mknollman: Never saw any posts where a discount was mentioned for Redfly owners. But then I also did not look hard. I wouldn't pay $20 for it unless there is some feature on it that I am just not seeing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss