redfly dock+software

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
i could see the software being integrated into the dock so as to allow full screen on the monitor...hopefully we'll see the dock soon :)

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
That's the plan. The dock will support up to 1024x768 (if your phone has 100MB of free memory) and displays full screen when you plug in a monitor.

Tiredone

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Any News???

Any news on the Dock? Should I be thinking in terms of Cinco de Mayo, Flag day, Independence day, Bastille day, my birthday?

Tiredone

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Well, Leo is better than Virgo

I was hoping for sooner but I'll just keep bashing my fingers with the hammer till then. Is the Dock going to be as was early on stated just basically the guts of a Redfly, or as implied in this thread, based on the Redfly Viewer software thus having its own CPU, memory, OS, etc. ?

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
are you insinuating late july/august for a dock release? i think they will utilize parts of the viewer for the full screen blow up of the smartphone. as of right now the guts of the redfly will only blow the phone up to 480x800, while as the software does full screen.

Tiredone

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
That would make me sad.

The Redfly can actually do 800x600 through the vga port. Thats actually better for me (Really bad eyes). A viewer based device would add a lot of cost and complexity that I don't want or need. I won't have any need or use for something that does what I can do with the viewer and costs more.

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
yeah i forgot about that vga port. i could see it being nice in certain situations. like, having one at your desk hooked up to a monitor so u can email on that rather than the viewwer on your pc. I just wish it could handle videos

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
I was hoping for sooner but I'll just keep bashing my fingers with the hammer till then. Is the Dock going to be as was early on stated just basically the guts of a Redfly, or as implied in this thread, based on the Redfly Viewer software thus having its own CPU, memory, OS, etc. ?

The Dock is more or less just the guts of a Mobile Companion with a few changes to allow up to 1024x768 through the VGA port. Still no OS, CPU or on-board storage. Essentially it's a Mobile Companion with no keyboard, touchpad, screen, or battery, with an extra USB port added (so 3 total).

BengtBeier

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
Hm, I know I mentioned that before, but can't you make that 4 USB ports?
I mean, if you want to use a mouse and a keyboard (which I suppose you'd naturally want) and then connect the phone to the USB all 3 are blocked already. This way you can't connect anything else anymore (like a drive).

Please, please make it 4 USB!

Me2

Jun 29, 2002
Visit site
Hm, I know I mentioned that before, but can't you make that 4 USB ports?
I mean, if you want to use a mouse and a keyboard (which I suppose you'd naturally want) and then connect the phone to the USB all 3 are blocked already. This way you can't connect anything else anymore (like a drive).

Please, please make it 4 USB!

+1 ; a very good point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos