11-04-2009 12:23 PM
28 12
tools
    My guess is Blackberry in Nov, WM 6.5 in Dec, and Android in Q1 2010.
    Indeed, BB is out today on their site, 1.5 drivers out.
    11-03-2009 10:54 AM
    New information is out on the drivers, including a conditional release for C8 model REDFLYs. It would appear they support Blackberry and WM 6.5 in the 1.5 drivers. The post from Laurie is here: http://forums.wmexperts.com/showthre...=175182&page=3. Follow the link she provides to a page on the Celio website with more details.
    11-03-2009 09:29 PM
    Sadly the end of support for the C8 means the end of my support for the Redfly platform and Celio. I have now been repeatedly disappointed by lack of focus by Celio on their stated market goals. I do not want, need or care about BB or Iphone or android support. I am sure that a major part of the reasoning to discontinue C8 support is the misdirected focus on non-core devices. If they had said a year ago (or even 3 months ago) that they would no longer be fixing issues on the C8 and that support for 6.5 would be limited to this final "so long and thanks for all the fish" release that won't be continued or supported I would have been much more understanding. In fact I remember when the C8n came out that Celio stated on their website that all 3 models (C8, C8n, and C7) would all run the same software. Now with the BB and android and other BLOAT each model needs a separate release. Whatever happened to the DOCK? Mere words can not begin to express my anger and disappointment. Time to put my Redflies on craigslist.
    11-04-2009 12:23 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD