Do WM6.5 21501 roms work with Redfly?

stanip

Apr 6, 2007
Visit site
Wonder if any body has tried any Windows Mobile 6.5 21501 ROM and advise whether if it works with Redfly? Is the bluetooth issue with some earlier roms still there?

Looking at a number of interesting customed roms for my touch pro but want to check here first to see.

Thanks.

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
There is a fast-growing community of Touch Pro users that are switching to pre-release (yet very stable - in my experience) builds of WM 6.5. I've switched myself because 6.5 has some ease-of-use enhancements that I'm quite happy with. If there is any sort of alpha program for any drivers in development, let us know and we can do real-world testing.

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Followup: don't get cute and try the 163 build on a 6.5 ROM. At least on the 4/25 build of MightyROM5 (21501), it renders the Touch Pro un-bootable. A hard reset is required to recover. :D

grabaclue

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to add my voice to those requesting WM 6.5 support. And I'd be happy to Alpha/Beta test it! Now that I've had a taste of 6.5 I don't want to ever go back to 6.1, but I do miss using my Redfly device. If we go too long without 6.5 support I may just go to another solution, perhaps my old Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard...

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I switched back to MightyROM 4R3BORN so I could use my Redfly. But I don't like that ROM; it's slower than some of the 6.5 ROMs I used, so I'm kind of in the same boat. The problem is that I don't have a Stowaway. :) I'm looking at the Dell Mini 10v for the casual remote work, since there's no ETA on 6.5 for Redfly and I'm now seeing the TP2 for Sprint being released with 6.1 initially. That means even less incentive as there aren't any 6.5 devices on the market for at least awhile (?).

What I really want is the new Rhodium notifications and still be able to use the Redfly over USB and Bluetooth. Whether that happened on 6.1 or 6.5 wouldn't be all that big a deal to me. Then I'd just cook up a Redfly ROM for anyone here with a TP and optimize it for Redfly usage. How amazing would that be!!

Velvis

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
I also want to see a Rhodium rom with Redfly bluetooth support. Preferably 6.5.
I havent used my redfly in a while because I dont want to go back to pre rhodium.

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
Huh - I tried rhodium and there was nothing about it that was enough to makw me choose it over my Redfly. If I had to pick one to wait for it would be 6.5 - but to each his own.

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Wouldn't it be so cool if Celio weighed in on this topic again. :) I'm counting 5 (possibly 6) ready-and-willing testers in this thread so far, who already own all the hardware needed and are probably willing to test (as they are clearly willing to flash experimental ROMs to their devices).

Velvis

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
I absolutely would love to test. I miss my Redfly as well, but since I use my TP stand alone alot more then with the Redfly, the benefits of 6.5 overshadow the RF. I miss it though.

itsy

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
New 175 beta build still not running on 6.5

My redfly as also been collecting dust until this is addressed. I like the redfly but my normal day to day usage still outweighs it

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
We'll let you know when/if we decide to hold a 6.5 user beta (most likely we will at some point before releasing full driver versions).

We have 6.5 ROMs, have tested them, and are actively working on 6.5 but don't hold your breath. As a policy, we only support official carrier-released ROMs and there are none as of yet.

As soon as there are carrier ROMs available and a shipping phone(s) with 6.5, we'll start the testing approval process on those (but it could be weeks to months before we feel comfortable releasing beta drivers for those phones).

We want 6.5 support at least as bad (most likely worse) than you all, so trust me, it's coming as soon as possible.

Last edited:

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
We’ve been working hard on Windows Mobile 6.5 for the last few months and plan to support select 6.5 phones within a few weeks of the official Windows Mobile 6.5 release date (we're hearing Oct 6). However, as with all REDFLY-supported phones, we need to test each individual phone model with the officially-released ROM that ships on the phone to consumers and make any minor adjustments needed to the REDFLY driver for that particular phone. This process can take anywhere from a few days to a few months depending on the customization of the phone and other phone hardware/software characteristics. We’ll know much more as we get closer to Oct so I'll keep you updated. Post any questions you have here and I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte