Non Touch

meoman

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Windows Mobile NON TOUCH is primarily driven from the 2 menu options at the bottom of the Smartphone Device. I am finding that the RedFly LMENU and RMENU buttons are badly placed and similarly small. Does anyone know if a 2 button pad could be connected via USB to allow this?. In a way the question simplifies as 'a usb button pad that could be connected to control the bottom menu of a non touch smartphone'.

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
Not to be snobby, but for future clarity "non touch" means windows mobile standard, while touch screen devices run windows mobile professional. I agree about the softkey buttons - badly placed. I use a winmo pro phone and I still navigate quite often by those buttons. Now that I have typed 3 sentences I will add that I have no clue about the usb pad (but an interesting idea).

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
I don't think it would be easy to find a USB device that you could map to the two softkeys on your own.

If it seems like there is enough interest from customers, it may be that down the road we could provide a keymap option that would allow you to use the two built-in touchpad buttons as right-left softkey replacments although you'd loose the ability to click on anything that way (but you could just use the "enter" key instead). That may be too confusing for some people so even if it's possible it may not be viable to offer as an official feature.

I'll bring up the topic with our engineers, but if we could offer it as an option, it wouldn't make it into the driver for few months at least.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb