Help breaking Redfly Driver

LoneSnark

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a touch pro with tv-out and a redfly C8N and I want to be able to run programs on the redfly which are not supported by the redfly driver.

Here is what I can currently do with my redfly:
1. I connect the tv-out of my phone to the redfly media port and the phone's display shows on the redfly.
2. I connect the USB from my phone to the redfly, which says "connecting" then "waiting on phone" and once connected
3. the redfly screen, which was showing the tv signal from the phone, resizes to show black with a small video window, and the redfly keyboard now controls the phone (no touchpad, it seems the redfly does not send mouse events when showing tv)
4. I then re-maximize the tv window on the redfly and the system works as I want it to!
5. But it doesn't last, after about six seconds the tv signal goes black with a blue R in the center, and the the redfly takes control of the display, and whatever games or video players I was able to use stop working.

Is there any way to get the driver to stop after step 4? If so, then I would have a redfly with a working keyboard and a screen that updates instantly in real-time and is compatible with all software. Everything from Windows Media Player at 30fps to Need for Speed Undercover in full 3D (although the image is only 4:3, so it does not fill the redfly's 16:9 screen).

It does suffer some when it comes to picture clarity, it is tv afterall, but it would make a perfect system: when we need clarity, let the redfly USB handle the display; when we want to play games or watch movies, let the tv system handle the display.

Can anyone help?

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
As complicated as that sounds it really makes sense. Have you tried the opposite order as in Redfly first then TV. I would consider this as a possible temporary workaround for no video on the RF issue. I have a c8 so the media port is not an option for me, but keep us posted as that is interesting.

LoneSnark

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
Certainly someone has suffered a problem where the redfly wouldn't handle the screen properly, right?

That said, where in the registry would one find the entries for the redfly? Maybe I can break it myself :p

LoneSnark

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
Odd, no help from the smart people at celio with my redfly.

Does anyone remember what happened on the touch pro and other newer phones when they installed on older driver which did not support the phone? Does anyone know where I can get an old driver to try it out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs