redfly support for propel pro/samsung jack...

questionfear

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone heard if there are plans to bring Redfly support to the new Propel Pro or the Samsung Jack? At the rate the Epix updates are "improving" it, I'm going to be looking into a new phone soon, and my only options on AT&T right now would be the Fuze, the Blackjack II or the Incite (beta). Hoping for Propel Pro support, as I'd love to jump ship off the Epix.

MPrimo

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
The Propel Pro is an application locked phone as is the Pantech Matrix Pro. We have both of these phones here, but cannot install the REDFLY driver at this time.

From HowardForums
"My unit feels a little cheap, the slider is loose when closed and and the design picks up more fingerprints than any other phone I've had. Worst of all though, is that the phone is locked down (two-tier security) so that certain cabs/apps will not install, just like the Pantech Matrix Pro. I feared that AT&T would be doing this with WM phones going forward and the last two have been like this, so I doubt I will be buying anymore WM phones from AT&T. Not even SDA Unlocker will application unlock the phone, which means I cannot rearrange the start menu, install flash lite 3, etc. Probably a deal killer for me." - iJITSU
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1517183

Matt

Test Engineer
Celio Corp.|REDFLY

questionfear

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
No problem,
There was an update released for the Epix released not too long ago if you hadn't had the chance to download and install it.
http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=news&id=7429

Matt

Test Engineer
Celio Corp.|REDFLY

Yes...the update...Samsung managed to make the most convoluted and complicated update possible. I wasn't able to get it to work, and the replacement Epix AT&T sent me doesn't have any updates at all, yet is more stable. So I'm actually happier now...weirdly enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6