Car Mount - RAM mount now avaiable on website

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
Car Mount - RAM mount now avaiable on Celiocorp website

I received a post via rss that Celio now has the mounts for sale on their site. Here is their info:

RAM Mount - REDFLY & Phone Kit
CRF-RAM-1

Let your REDFLY ride in style. This kit provides everything needed to mount a REDFLY Mobile Companion and phone in your car.
This Kit from RAM Mounting Systems provides all 5 parts needed to mount a REDFLY Mobile Companion device and any phone in a vehicle without the need to drill holes in your vehicle. Using the front bench or passenger side seat rail bolts as attachment points, existing hardware in the vehicle is all that is required to secure the base. Because of their unique ability to absorb damaging shock and vibration, RAM Mounting desks are the perfect choice for securing computers and electronics of any type. Adjustable grips easily slide to accommodate any smartphone or PDA. RAM components in this kit include Universal Laptop Mount Tough Tray II; 2.5" Dia. Base With 1" Ball; Ram Pod I With 1" Single Socket Arm; Ram-B-102 Everything Mount; and Lrg. Black Mobile Phone Holder. Compatible with REDFLY Mobile Companion models C8, C8N, and C7.

And here is their pic -
ram1_crop200.jpg

It runs $120 for the whole shooting match, but can be bought as components as well.

I have had an adjustable mount in my vehicle for some time now and I must say this looks nicer than what I have. My only question would be can it support more than just the RF and Phone. For example - a netbook? It does look at least somewhat adjustable - and it is called "universal". Although I love the Fly, there are times when you just need a PC, and I would like my mount to do double or even triple duty.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
Yeah, the top plate that holds the REDFLY is one of RAM's universal plates and will hold a variety of netbooks.

You can see the part here with some specs.

We essentially just worked a deal with RAM to get a discount on all 5 parts needed to get the setup you see in the photo.

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
I tried to order the basic mount and the cigarette lighter adapter from the Redfly website with no success. It took the order but hung up at the selection of delivery method. I was never given any option for delivery but the system wouldn't continue unless a valid option was selected.

Anyone else having issues with the website's store? I can always order the mount direct from RAM but that doesn't help me get the power adapter.

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
Even stranger, the car mounting kits have disappeared from Redfly's website. Guess I have no choice but to by direct from RAM.

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
If you continue to have issues, I have a car charger I am selling that I bought from Celio - PM me an offer if you are interested.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
Sorry, the first batch sold very quickly. We're getting some more in soon and it will be back up on the web store.

jweb56 I just sent you a PM. We'll make sure to get you the charger. I wonder if you tried to order at the same moment we stocked out. I'll have our web developer look into it.

Thanks for the info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon