Redfly and Opera 9.7 = :-(

EdFrmBrighthand

Aug 8, 2007
www.brighthand.com
Not too long ago, Opera Mobile 9.7 was released as a public beta (see here).

I've only done some preliminary tests on one device, but my Redfly was unable to display the new version of this browser.

Opera Mobile 9.7 is noticeably faster than its predecessor, and I'd like to use it with my Redfly.

Has anyone had a different experience?
-

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
Ed, would you mind posting...

1) phone model
2) carrier
3) REDFLY softward driver version on your phone
4) REDFLY firmware version on your device?

I'll look into it. I haven't tried 9.7 yet but our testing team has. I'll see what I can dig up for you.

MPrimo

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
I have tested the Opera 9.7 Beta with a couple of phones and Ed is definitely correct there are some things there that will need to be worked through. It doesn't seem to be a phone specific issue.

Matt
Test engineer
Celio Corp.|REDFLY

EdFrmBrighthand

Aug 8, 2007
www.brighthand.com
I tried it with an original (European) HTC Diamond, using Wi-Fi only, and the latest beta software with the accompanying firmware.

Colin, if you have any suggestions about other options to try I'm willing to give it a shot, but Matt's comments indicate to me that some work still needs to be done on your end. (Thanks Matt)
-

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
Yeah, it looks like something in 9.7 is causing us problems on most or all phones. Our guys are checking into it but I don't have an ETA on anything yet.

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
I have the beta working on my EPIX. I've only tried it a couple of times through the Redfly - seemed to display okay and the basic functions worked. I did not do much experimenting or testing though so I can't comment about how well it works beyond a few very basic things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo