Can the driver somehow leave the phone skin alone?

Velvis

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
Uggh, Is it possible to get the Redfly to leave the dialer alone? I understand it doesnt scale right, but inevitably after some amount of time I am left with the default dialer which doesnt work with any of TF3D buttons allowing dialing from the contacts app or tf3d itself.

I dont need the phone while I am using the Redfly so this makes it even more annoying for me, since I have no use for it switching.

I have had this problem with the last few drivers, and now under 6.5 as well.
(In fact the 6.5 driver seems to do it immediately, whereas the older driver it was a few days before I was left with the stock dialer.)

laurieny

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
Yes, we have just recently come up with a way to not have to change the dialer. And with our architectural changes there is now an xml file that handles many configuration changes. I tried to attach a new file here for you to try-but the forum doesn't allow xml files I guess. PM me and get me your email and I will send it to you. Just copy it to your phone to the REDFLY folder which is located in Program Files, and then reboot your phone. This should prevent the phone dialer replacement. Please send me a message about how it works for you or post it here.

Thanks,
Laurie

BengtBeier

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
What worked for me on that issue was to install Kaisertweak (there's most likely something similar for your modell) and switch back to HTC's dialer that way.

slimcane

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes, we have just recently come up with a way to not have to change the dialer. And with our architectural changes there is now an xml file that handles many configuration changes. I tried to attach a new file here for you to try-but the forum doesn't allow xml files I guess. PM me and get me your email and I will send it to you. Just copy it to your phone to the REDFLY folder which is located in Program Files, and then reboot your phone. This should prevent the phone dialer replacement. Please send me a message about how it works for you or post it here.

Thanks,
Laurie

Laurie,

Is there any way you can send me the file that prevents the phone dialer replacement? I have been using the C8N with my AT&T Tilt and just purchased a Touch Pro 2. I would love to keep the OEM dialer skin.

Matt

slimcane

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site

Thanks,
Laurie

Velvis,

Did you install this fix? Did it work? Can you post the file? I tried kaiser tweak with no luck.

slimcane

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Any update on a fix for this? I would love to keep the htc dialer

I had to figure out the fix for this myself. Frankly, I am disappointed in not getting a response.

Here goes:
  1. Do not connect Redfly to phone until all steps are completed.
  2. Install appropriate Redfly CAB from CelioCorp website
  3. After install/reset, use file explorer (or other program) to locate the "\Program Files\Redfly\" folder
  4. Open the "AppAdapt.xml" file in an appropriate text editor -->
    Code:
    	<DialerControl>
    		<UseCelioDialer>yes</UseCelioDialer>
    	</DialerControl>
  5. Change the "yes" to a "no" (no quotes). This should now read:
    Code:
    	<DialerControl>
    		<UseCelioDialer>no</UseCelioDialer>
    	</DialerControl>

Once you soft reset your phone again, your phone dialer skin should be left alone. If this does not get your phone skin back, do not fret. Do NOT use the KaiserTweak. Use Schap's Advanced Config program (found at his official website HERE). Under the options for "Phone" you will see a dialer switch. Make the change and soft reset your phone. Your dialer will be back.

I hope this helps.

On a side note, I went from using my Redfly everyday to not using it at all because of this. I was hoping for more support from Celio on this forum since they link directly to it from their corporate website.

*edit on KaiserTweak - Support for this app was dropped a long time ago and Schap has been gracious enough to pick up further development so that it can be used on other WM devices. His "Advanced Configuration Tool" has the latest and greatest in config options and has a much smoother and more user friendly interface for the newbies out there. Always use the latest and greatest full release of any software.

Last edited:

itsy

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks slimcane, I had actually already made those changes in my XML since I had also received no response.

Unfortunately, I stll can't get my HTC dialer back even after using Advanced Config and resting so I am not sure if editing the XML had any effect.

Any other ideas on how I can get the dialer back on a touch pro 1 from Sprint?

Velvis

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
Editing the XML didnt work for me and advance config doesnt fix it on my Sprint TP. Its very frustrating. I essentially have to hard reset to get my dialer back.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
Sorry, I think Laurie jumped the gun a bit on this offer and she's now gone for a few weeks at least. This is still in the beginning stages hence no toggle button in the REDFLY settings or anything. Also, there may not be an easy fix which would work for all phones that I can post here. However, one of our engineers said that you can send us the AppAdapt file installed on your particular phone, we can modify it for you and send it back to you. (Depending on your phone model etc., a vairety of files could get installed that's why we need you to send us the file that is installed on your particular phone.)

So, first make sure you've installed the latest driver from our beta page (http://m.celiocorp.com/beta) then after your phone reboots, go to \Program Files\REDFLY with the File Explorer and send me the file "AppAdapt.xml"

Email it to colin.kelly {at} celiocorp.com and I'll get an engineers to update the file and send it back to you.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
itsy, I have an .exe file that will work on a stock first-gen Touch Pro or Touch Diamond ROM. It will change the registry settings and restore the default dialer.

Email me at colin.kelly {at} celiocorp.com and I'll send you the file.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss