Redfly Resolution Question

slimcane

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
I have a quick question for the Celio Techs. Is there any current development for offering a higher resolution option for those phones already running VGA or WVGA resolutions?

Currently I use my Redfly with the Pocket Office suite the most, so I have the option of scaling my view to about 50-60% which makes the layout more palpable. When I switch to my email, I end up looking at monstrously large text for my Inbox and in the messages themselves. I know I can change my font/text size, but I do not want to have to change it back and forth. It seems like having a 1024 x 614 resolution would do the trick, but 1200 x 720 would be the same % difference in screen width resolution that the 800 x 480 was from 320 x 240.

Long winded, but that's it.

MPrimo

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
This has been discussed frequently in older posts, such as here. Yes we have explored it and as has been said in other threads this would either require new hardware with a higher resolution screen, or more load on the phones processor in order to rescale and then re-sample the screen which we have found to provide performance issues. We do realize that with phones having these higher resolutions this is something we will have to address, so it has not been forgotten.

Matt
Celio Corp.|REDFLY

slimcane

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for getting back to me. A few changes in text size for the Redfly startup and zoom levels in Pocket Office have made a huge difference. I also have Opera Mobile working really well. I am back to using this on a daily basis now that I have a working phone and a more than satisfactory Redfly!

I still get a smile on my face when people see me out and about with it and they ask "What is that?"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans