6.5 Beta Posted

MPrimo

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
sorry it took me so long to reply as I have been out of town. Badersk, if you have touchflo turned on and you press the pair button while connected to the REDFLY, touchflo paints itself right over the top of our dialog as it takes precedence over any open window. If you disable touchflo you should see the pair dialog correctly.

grabaclue

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
Which version of the firmware do you have on the C8? If it starts with 1.4 then you should update it to the special 1.5 build for C8 devices. The Bluetooth pairing process is different with 1.5 vs. 1.4 (you no longer need to initiate the pairing with a USB cable and can pair your phone and REDFLY much like a BT headset).

Is there a way to force a firmware upgrade? My C8 device is reporting its firmware version as 0.0.0.0 and the drivers won't upgrade it.

grabaclue

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to force a firmware upgrade? My C8 device is reporting its firmware version as 0.0.0.0 and the drivers won't upgrade it.

Actually, scratch that last question, I found the firmwareagent.exe program on my phone and ran it. Unfortunately, I got an error that the firmware (which I got from the WMEP_C8_286.CAB file) is not compatible with my device.

Is it possible that the wrong firmware (ie., not the one for the C8) got put into that CAB file?

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
grabaclue, let me check into it. Will you check 3 things for me?

1) When you turn on the REDFLY, do you get the new black splashscreen or the old light grey splashscreen?

2) Power the REDFLY on and off once, then turn on the REDFLY and do not connect it to a phone. Press the FN and the REDFLY logo keys at the same time. A small pop up window should appear. Under "FW Version" what does it say?

3) That same pop-up window should list a MAC address. Does that address match the MAC address listed on the bottom of your REDFLY?

grabaclue

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
grabaclue, let me check into it. Will you check 3 things for me?

1) When you turn on the REDFLY, do you get the new black splashscreen or the old light grey splashscreen?

2) Power the REDFLY on and off once, then turn on the REDFLY and do not connect it to a phone. Press the FN and the REDFLY logo keys at the same time. A small pop up window should appear. Under "FW Version" what does it say?

3) That same pop-up window should list a MAC address. Does that address match the MAC address listed on the bottom of your REDFLY?

Thanks for the help!

1) Old grey splashscreen.

2) FW Version 1.3.29

3) Yes, the MAC addresses match.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
Thanks for the help!

1) Old grey splashscreen.

2) FW Version 1.3.29

3) Yes, the MAC addresses match.

Since your firmware (1.3.29) is a few generations old, you'll probably need to upgrade it in 2 steps. Email me with your smartphone model and I'll send you 2 cabs. One will get you to 1.4 (the point that it's upgradeable to 1.5) and the 2nd cab will be the actual 1.5 upgrade. Then you'll have the latest firmware for the C8 and can download the new driver for your phone. Email me and we'll work it out.

colin [dot] kelly [at] celiocorp [dot] com

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
The WM6.5 beta period has ended and the driver has been officially released. See this post. Any 6.5 phone that was previously listed in "beta" status has been moved to the "supported" list. We'll start work soon on another set of phones then will begin another beta program. Keep checking http://www.celiocorp.com/beta in the future as we add phones in the coming weeks/months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3