6.5 Beta Posted

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
Celio Corp has released a new beta REDFLY smartphone driver. This is the first beta release with support for Windows Mobile 6.5 phones. The build No. is 1.5.1.310

**UPDATE:Build 1.5.1.320 posted on 12-3-2009**

The beta software will benefit Windows Mobile 6.5 and BlackBerry 5.0 users only. Visit http://m.celiocorp.com/beta from your smartphone (easiest method) or http://www.celiocorp.com/beta from your PC to download and install the beta software. The driver will prompt you to also upgrade the firmware on your REDFLY if necessary (may not be necessary depending on your REDFLY's current firmware).

Known issues for Windows Mobile 6.5:
1) Keyboard mapping on some phones may have errors on some keys - HTC AT&T Tilt 2

2) Some Start menu icons will not launch applications - HTC Imagio

3) TouchFLO 3D: The REDFLY currently is not compatible with HTC's TouchFLO 3D. Upon connecting to the REDFLY, if TouchFLO is turned on, the REDFLY driver will automatically turn TouchFLO off before connecting. While connected to the REDFLY, your phone will display its built-in Today Screen. When the phone is disconnected from the REDFLY, TouchFLO is automatically turned back on and your phone should return to its original TouchFLO state within 30 seconds.

4) Start Menu: The REDFLY currently is not compatible with the standard Windows Mobile 6.5 grid-pattern Start Menu. While connected to REDFLY, the standard grid-pattern Start Menu is replaced with a REDFLY custom Start Menu. When the phone is disconnected from the REDFLY, your standard grid-pattern Start Menu will return.

Last edited:

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Hmmm. Have to ask, do you guys have a way of leaving the Celio start menu in place after disconnecting the redfly? Talk about value-added. I don't know a single person who likes the new honeycomb start menu. :)

Velvis

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
Is it just me (running on a Sprint TP with a C8 with a 6.5.x rom) or is there no today screen once connected. I seem to get the last screen that I used instead of a today screen and the clickable start menu button opens the portrait 6.5 start grid, while pressing the start button key opens the standard start menu laid out horizontally.

Not really deal breakers, but weird and was hoping I might be doing something wrong.

badersk

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
In your today screen setup enable what you would like to see like time and date message etc. when you connect the redfly it will turn of the today and go to the old style today screen.

grabaclue

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
It works on my old Sprint Touch! I'm running the NFSFAN 6.5 ROM and for the most part, it looks good. It isn't disabling the TouchFlo 2D that I'm running, but it seems to be able to run it, although not full-screen. Still, I can live with that.

Thanks, Celio, for (finally) getting this out! Just in time, too, as I'm going out of town on Sunday and don't have a laptop to bring. Instead I'll be able to use my Redfly and phone and that should work out very well.

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Celio Corp has released a new beta REDFLY smartphone driver. This is the first beta release with support for Windows Mobile 6.5 phones. The build No. is 1.5.1.310

1) Keyboard mapping on some phones may have errors on some keys - HTC AT&T Tilt 2

What keys have issues?

3) TouchFLO 3D: The REDFLY currently is not compatible with HTC's TouchFLO 3D. Upon connecting to the REDFLY, if TouchFLO is turned on, the REDFLY driver will automatically turn TouchFLO off before connecting. While connected to the REDFLY, your phone will display its built-in Today Screen. When the phone is disconnected from the REDFLY, TouchFLO is automatically turned back on and your phone should return to its original TouchFLO state within 30 seconds.

Since I mostly use Titanium, Androkkid & Pointui 2, it'll be interesting to see what it does with those.

4) Start Menu: The REDFLY currently is not compatible with the standard Windows Mobile 6.5 grid-pattern Start Menu. While connected to REDFLY, the standard grid-pattern Start Menu is replaced with a REDFLY custom Start Menu. When the phone is disconnected from the REDFLY, your standard grid-pattern Start Menu will return.

If it's nicely enough done, the next step might be to make the menu change permanent. ;) The nonsequential honeycomb has to to be the worst menuing idea that MS ever instituted.

Anyway, will be installing the new drivers tonight or tomorrow, when I've got some time. :rolleyes:

grabaclue

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
I did find one problem with my old C8 device. It is no longer able to connect via Bluetooth using the new beta software. I think this is because the newer devices are expected to display a Bluetooth passcode when you pair them that you then enter on your phone to complete the connection. However for some reason the old C8 doesn't display the code. It could be that I'm on an old firmware version, I suppose. I'm not sure what the last C8 version was (or even what version I'm running).

brobinsonus

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

On my Tilt 2 using a Redfly C8, the numbers show up as the symbols (as if I was pressing the Fn key) when typing into a password field. Makes it impossible for me to log into Citrix using my RSA SecurID token.

badersk

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
I was wrong volume rocker switch on the Tilt2 still has a problem it is improved over the last driver but still does some strange blinking and you have to select your volume level.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
I did find one problem with my old C8 device. It is no longer able to connect via Bluetooth using the new beta software. I think this is because the newer devices are expected to display a Bluetooth passcode when you pair them that you then enter on your phone to complete the connection. However for some reason the old C8 doesn't display the code. It could be that I'm on an old firmware version, I suppose. I'm not sure what the last C8 version was (or even what version I'm running).

Which version of the firmware do you have on the C8? If it starts with 1.4 then you should update it to the special 1.5 build for C8 devices. The Bluetooth pairing process is different with 1.5 vs. 1.4 (you no longer need to initiate the pairing with a USB cable and can pair your phone and REDFLY much like a BT headset).

If your firmware is a 1.4 build, follow these steps (these instructions are only for the original C8 model)...

1) Download and run this special cab for 1.5 on a C8 here (for touchscreen WM phones)
or here (for non-touchscreen phones).

2) Connect your phone over USB to REDFLY and it should prompt you to update the firmware. Follow the on-screen directions and it will walk you through the update.

3) The cab you just installed will install the correct firmware (1.5.0.266) on the C8 but may also install the currently released driver (1.5.0.286) on your phone. If you want 6.5 support then you'll need to go back to m.celiocorp.com/beta from your phone's browser and re-download and install the beta driver for your phone (1.5.1.310). You won't need to update your firmware again, just your phone driver.

4) Now you can actually pair the devices over BT.

5) Make sure BT is enabled and set to the discoverable mode on your phone.

6) Turn on your phone and the C8, then on the C8 press FN+F12 (F12 is the Bluetooth logo button on the C8 keyboard). The REDFLY will go into Bluetooth search mode and a list of any available devices in range will show up on the C8 screen.

7) Select your phone and click "connect".

8) The REDFLY will give you a 4-digit code to enter into your phone.

9) Follow the instructions on your phone to complete the pairing.

10) Once the devices are paired, you can connect/disconnect just like before by only pressing the F12 key on the C8.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
New Build 12-3-09

A new build just went live a few minutes ago. Build 1.5.1.320 is now posted. Get it on your phone at m.celiocorp.com/beta or on your PC at celiocorp.com/beta.

WM 6.5 Changes include:
-Tilt 2 keyboard mapping (number keys work better)
-Volume key issues

BlackBerry 5.0 Changes include:
-Improved support for Bold 9700

Last edited:

brobinsonus

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
volume issue is fixed but I am finding it impossible to pair with the Tilt2 on bluetooth.

I am able to pair successfully on my Tilt 2 even though it was a bit frustrating. You must have the phone in discoverable mode and I found that I had to use the slide out keyboard to be able to put in the code fast enough.

After having the phone in discoverable mode and not connected to the Redfly via USB, press the Bluetooth key on the Redfly. I will find the phone and give you a code to put in. The code does not stay long enough to enter using the on-screen keyboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism