Looking for original c8 special firmware 1.5.0.2xx

ddipper

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone!
I read about the special c8 firmware and tried to download it at REDFLY - Contact but the link just directs me to the tech support page and I also tried searching google but I can't find the cab.
I REALLY enjoy using the redfly but I am running on th 1.4 firmware and can't use it to its full potential with my phones.
Would any user kindly upload a cab or send me a pm?
Please help! Refly users unite!
Thanks in advance, any input would by kindly appreciated from anyone. :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, can't help but here is a reply. I purchased a Redfly with great expectations but quickly found out that it sucked. Loaded more crap on my phone than AT&T, and only did about 25% of what they advertised. Sold it last year on eBay. Glad to see it go.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

ddipper

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi!
Thank you for sharing. I understand how frustrated one can get after they find out its too slow or buggy etc.
I bought mine secondhanded and came loaded with a 1.3 firmware. I immediately upgraded it to 1.4 and still found a few kinks here and there.
I've read alot about the special 1.5 firmware and tried downloading it from many links but it seems like its been pulled from the celiocorp site. I don't understand why they would do that. So I've come to the community for assistance. Everyone deserves a chance right? I'm sure celio is working very hard as we speak! Althought I do not have c8n and cannot use the latest firmware, id like to use the.latest firmware for the original c8. I spent more than 6 hours looking for this special 1.5 cab!
Are there anymore celiocorp representatives in this forum?

ddipper

May 22, 2011
Visit site
is it honestly so hard to provide a cab file? what happened to it on their server?
Level 3 tech support wants me to send it in to get it flashed. i i dont understand why they changed it....
someone help..

ddipper

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone use these forums anymore?
Level 3 Tech support was an utter waste of time. He never even answered my questions as to what happened to the cab. In summary; im better off spending more money and buying a new one. Am I the only one getting this treatment?
How did everyone else get the cab?
All i see everyday now is the view on this thread going up and zero replies.
Does anybody have a redfly anymore?
Im losing my patience now

ddipper

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Why the heck are those spam bots jacking my thread for??
I wanted some replies but not spam as a response...
I'm still waiting for level 3 tech support to get back to my emails....

Popular

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
договор на ра&

Сидит программист за компьютером. Вдруг стук в дверь. Открывает, а там
стоит старуха, вся в черном и с пассатижами.
- Ты кто?
- Я Смерть!
- А почему ты без косы, а с пассатижами?
- А я за компом!

дизайн сайта мебели

slimcane

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Why the heck are those spam bots jacking my thread for??
I wanted some replies but not spam as a response...
I'm still waiting for level 3 tech support to get back to my emails....

Wow! I feel for you. I have not checked this board in a while. I assumed that it was dead! Anyways, I thought I would respond to you. I do have this driver - RFP6_C7C8N_01050286.CAB. PM me if you want to try it, but it is not listed as working with the C8 to my knowledge.

On the other hand, I ended up hounding tech support with a barrage of phone calls until my problem was fixed. They did fix my problem, but it seems clear that they are struggling. With no support for Android/iPhone/WP7 on the horizon, I don't see what the point of a Redfly is anymore. Of coarse, I am typing this on my C8N, so what does that say about me?! Personally, I love it, but it took a TON of testing, hard-resetting my phone, and re-testing of their ini files to get a custom working verson of their phone driver. Even then, it is not where a developed product should be.

PS - I can send you my INI file as well so you can see what I changed from the raw INI file the Redfly starts with.

RFTreo

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Slimcane, For your Sprint Touch Pro 2 phone, I have an updated software for your phone and updated firmware for the REDFLY. Please give me your email address and I will send you the updates.

RFTreo

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
ddipper, how is your new REDFLY? I understand you received great care from Level 3 support in getting you a replacement unit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss