04-27-2012 05:03 PM
48 12
tools
    I have installed it on my Lumia 800, everything working fine, and game really looks better if I turned on the nokia mode from settings, great graphics.

Controls are little bit difficult, it will be better if you can do the following.
    Click to view quoted image

On above pic, joystick on left side to move left/right/fow/back, and right side G1 for primary weapon, and G2 for secondary weapon (if any). and for up/down/left/right view, entire screen swipe (like splinter cell on WP7). If you can add this, then this game will be gr8 and will be the best game for WP7 :)

PS: Will it be available under XBOX Live?

Thanks
    JusThinK
    i will look into this about the controls thank you

you know without the controls , the game is not working

i think i will add a custom mode where people can design there own controls , place on the screen ect... and dual joystick as well

please contunie play the game , and thanks for your imput , it is all about giving a great game experence when it gonna be released

about xbox live , we do not know ,

i have programmed my own onlive game platform ,, so we really do not know what to do yet

Michael
    04-18-2012 07:22 AM
    I HAVE RESIVED some mails from people having problems HTC HD7

can you please mail to me about this and i will try to fix it

what os are you running version number ?

RAM on bord on your phone ?

Michael
    OS 7.10.8107.79

512 Mb ram

I recommend you use Phone Arena - Phone News, Reviews and Specs for phone information
    04-18-2012 09:08 AM
    You were able to download the .xap?
    Yes why? I downloaded it last night :P
    04-18-2012 09:10 AM
    Yes why? I downloaded it last night :P
    I'm not sure how much of my posts that you have read but I cannot download it from their server it stops mid download... Do you have skydrive or dropbox where you can share with me please? Can someone?

Still the same issue this morning, download stops at the same exact spot every single time. Can't be a server load with that much of a coincidence when I'm downloading full speed.

If anyone can help it is much appreciated.
    04-18-2012 09:29 AM
    I'm not sure how much of my posts that you have read but I cannot download it from their server it stops mid download... Do you have skydrive or dropbox where you can share with me please? Can someone?

Still the same issue this morning, download stops at the same exact spot every single time. Can't be a server load with that much of a coincidence when I'm downloading full speed.

If anyone can help it is much appreciated.
    Sure! Sorry you are having problems. I guess anyone else who is having issues with downloading can try from my Skydrive as well. :happy:

Maybe ya'll can give me some of my first Thanks for the download? Thanks, I would appreciate it :P

DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by Dorknight; 04-18-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    04-18-2012 10:48 AM
    Sure! Sorry you are having problems. I guess anyone else who is having issues with downloading can try from my Skydrive as well. :happy:

Maybe ya'll can give me some of my first Thanks for the download? Thanks, I would appreciate it :P

DOWNLOAD
    thanks for share the game and help out, here we are only hoppyiest folks

working our normal jobs in the day time, and create game in our spare time
    thanks again, i allso see if i can put it up on dropbox

regards to the HTC HD7, i see if i can find a somone in denmark that has this phone so we can make it run
    or else i have to buy the phone in a 14 days or so

doing the best we can at the moment

Michael
    04-18-2012 02:05 PM

DOWNLOAD
    i got some tip from a othere developer

i am uploading a HD7 VERSION RIGHT NOW

at Zombies Night Out - Nokia Windows Phone

hope this will fix the problem
    if not , i will still contunie to try

Michael
    04-18-2012 02:33 PM
    i got some tip from a othere developer

i am uploading a HD7 VERSION RIGHT NOW

at Zombies Night Out - Nokia Windows Phone

hope this will fix the problem
    if not , i will still contunie to try

Michael
    Awesome! I will have to try it when I get home. I can't wait!! :giggle:

UPDATE:Sorry but it still doesn't work.

Not sure if this helps, but if I try to turn off Nokia Mode, the page scrolls to the side. I can't actually click on it... What's up with that?

You should probably not have the screen scroll just when you touch it. I would use the default swipe for Metro, the way it normally is. Its quite annoying to be honest :dry
    Last edited by Dorknight; 04-18-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Update for HD7 version
    04-18-2012 02:50 PM
    Awesome! I will have to try it when I get home. I can't wait!! :giggle:

UPDATE:Sorry but it still doesn't work.

Not sure if this helps, but if I try to turn off Nokia Mode, the page scrolls to the side. I can't actually click on it... What's up with that?

You should probably not have the screen scroll just when you touch it. I would use the default swipe for Metro, the way it normally is. Its quite annoying to be honest :dry
    you can only turn on nokia mode if you have a nokia device that why

it is hardwire to nokia phone , course of the feutures of the phone
    better graphics,better gpu,cpu ect...

i will still try to fix it
    Michael
    04-18-2012 05:04 PM
    you can only turn on nokia mode if you have a nokia device that why

it is hardwire to nokia phone , course of the feutures of the phone
    better graphics,better gpu,cpu ect...

i will still try to fix it
    Michael
    Oh okay, so its off by default. I thought it was On by default. I understand now.

The design you have for menu selection makes it a bit unclear as to what is selected. I wasn't sure if red or green was on or off. I would maybe use a selection option instead... So it would show like this:
    • Nokia Mode: Off
    • Sound FX: On
    • Control Set: Left
    • Username:

Anyways, once I can start playing the game I will gladly give back more feedback. I especially have some feedback for the main menu. Being a UI/Web Designer myself, I can definitely help with that ;)
    04-18-2012 05:19 PM
    Oh okay, so its off by default. I thought it was On by default. I understand now.

The design you have for menu selection makes it a bit unclear as to what is selected. I wasn't sure if red or green was on or off. I would maybe use a selection option instead... So it would show like this:
    • Nokia Mode: Off
    • Sound FX: On
    • Control Set: Left
    • Username:

Anyways, once I can start playing the game I will gladly give back more feedback. I especially have some feedback for the main menu. Being a UI/Web Designer myself, I can definitely help with that ;)
    thanks you we will look into the stuff about the menu and make change

alllso i never give up,, so a new version for you to download
    is up at our website in just half hour time

i have reduced the memory in game, this version was for the nokia 610 devices

allso uni track the loading process , and render pipeline

if it crash , again can you please tell where it crash

Michael

give a bit of time , i am uploading right now
    click at the same link as before, just a new version

:P;)

I THINK WE HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM ON HD7 DEVICES ,, RUNNING YES WE DID IT

Please check back to me , course you where not the only one who had these problems

it is a driver bug in the graphics driver on that phone
    Last edited by EvoFxStudio; 04-18-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    04-18-2012 06:17 PM
    I'm very sorry, but it still crashes at 50% loading... :unsure:

I downloaded it again from the same HD7 link...

I hope you can figure it out... At this rate I won't be able to play at all before the beta ends on the 22nd lol :P
    04-19-2012 12:18 AM

I hope you can figure it out... At this rate I won't be able to play at all before the beta ends on the 22nd lol :P
    i have resived mail from the otheres with hd7 phones and are working

do you have a hd7s 2011 phone or the hd7 2010 phone

do not vorry we will extend the beta until this is fixed

you see it parsed my marketplace test kit ,

but if it do not run on all phone , we can not get on to the microsoft marketplace

i never give up,,

i will contact you with some more copyes of the game for you to try out

Michael
    :P;)
    04-19-2012 04:20 AM

i have uploaded a version for you to try out in the microsoft dev kit emulator

you can allso transfere this version to your hd7 phone

can you video record it both in the emulator and possible on the phone
    so i can see what is going on

post the video at youtube or upload the video to dropbox

and send me a link

we will get to the bottom of this ,, with your phone

Best regards
    Michael

download Zombies Night Out - Nokia Windows Phone
    :P;):blush:
    04-19-2012 06:10 AM
    I just restarted my phone, and it Works now!! :D I guess you can delete your third link for the emulator

Oh and I noticed your tag for the post is misspelled. It should say "nightout" :)
    04-19-2012 08:08 AM
    I just restarted my phone, and it Works now!! :D I guess you can delete your third link for the emulator

Oh and I noticed your tag for the post is misspelled. It should say "nightout" :)
    i am allso verry happy , to see you got it to work

that is what it all about ,,,

go and play the game
    :P;):D

best regards
    michael
    04-19-2012 02:40 PM
    Okay, so this is interesting. I tried to play it again this afternoon, and its crashing at 50% again. But then I restarted the phone and its working again. Not sure what is causing this.

Controls
    There are a couple things that are bothering me. The controls are a bit tough... I would recommend adding a sensitivity control for the joystick on the right. Also, the d-pad on the left has a hard time with my finger swiping around on it. It doesn't detect diagonal movement very well. I usually have to let go and press either up, down, left or right. If you can make controls customizable, that would be ideal. Or have the controls invisible, but detect when your fingers touch the screen.

Two games/apps that you can look at that have very good controls are vNESLight, Rocket Riot and Square Off.

Design
    From a design point of view, the main menu can use some work. Its too busy... I would get rid of the big red, all caps text thats scrolling saying "GLOBAL TAKEOVER" I would get rid of that, and have the title of the game at the top. Get rid of the yellow header. Also, I would use a different font for the section header. If you notice in my design, I actually used a cool pixelated font, like in the 80s video games. :D That should help a lot I think. I actually took a screenshot of the game and did a little design work in Photoshop.

Last edited by Dorknight; 04-19-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    04-19-2012 03:52 PM
    Okay, so this is interesting. I tried to play it again this afternoon, and its crashing at 50% again. But then I restarted the phone and its working again. Not sure what is causing this.

Controls
    There are a couple things that are bothering me. The controls are a bit tough... I would recommend adding a sensitivity control for the joystick on the right. Also, the d-pad on the left has a hard time with my finger swiping around on it. It doesn't detect diagonal movement very well. I usually have to let go and press either up, down, left or right. If you can make controls customizable, that would be ideal. Or have the controls invisible, but detect when your fingers touch the screen.

Two games/apps that you can look at that have very good controls are vNESLight, Rocket Riot and Square Off.

Design
    From a design point of view, the main menu can use some work. Its too busy... I would get rid of the big red, all caps text thats scrolling saying "GLOBAL TAKEOVER" I would get rid of that, and have the title of the game at the top. Get rid of the yellow header. Also, I would use a different font for the section header. If you notice in my design, I actually used a cool pixelated font, like in the 80s video games. :D That should help a lot I think. I actually took a screenshot of the game and did a little design work in Photoshop.

thanks for all your feedback , we will look into the stuff you talk about

i can not see the picture here in the forum

can you mail it to me
    michael@evofxstudio.net
    :P
    04-19-2012 05:44 PM

Controls

Design

ABOUT THIS
    Okay, so this is interesting. I tried to play it again this afternoon, and its crashing at 50% again. But then I restarted the phone and its working again. Not sure what is causing this

IT IS A BUG IN THE MICROSOFT FRAMEWORK
    i allso had this on my lumia 800
    i think it is becourse of the fast apps swicth

let say you an incomming call while you are playing and after you call is finish you go back to the game or leve it in the back ground , course doing othere stuff

so when you return back to the game ,, the microsoft framework remember the stuff that was running ,, all good so far
    then you quit the game,, and do not play iy let say a day,,

and then you load up the game and play , it crash

becourse fast app startup meens , that all the stuff you have installed on your phone the will allways bee kept some small buffer or startupcode running

in order to do fast app swicth or startup

so i think it is a microsoft bug in the framework

when i reset the phone , it whipe out the memory and you get a real startup ,, so it is working

we have encounter sevel bugs in windows phone 8107 version

audio bugs , when you shoot, not stopping properly
    radio bugs allso audio
    graphics bug in the driver
    and the bug you mention,, 50% loading and crash

so it is verry deffecult to do a game on this platform
    it is not the same thing with all these windows phones
    i whish there where only one phone with the same hardware spec.

like the xbox and iphone,, i think microsoft shood be a ware about this
    i have try post somthing about this in the apphub forum
    but the post get deleted right a way

that is allso why we are doing a public beta,,

we whant to know as developers , what are the guide lines for these defferent phones
    and microsoft will not share this info

i think that is why not manny cool 3d games on windows phone , becourse developers can not get im to run properly,, you know there more to games than just draw a sprite on the screen in a 2d game

3d games are hard to make , if you have to know all these defferent phones and hardware spect.
    normal a 3d game requer a lot of memory , we are allso restracted to only 90mb of memory use

so it is hard.. as ****

please keep comming with more feedback or problems you are having

Michael
    Last edited by EvoFxStudio; 04-19-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    04-19-2012 06:03 PM
    I fixed the link for the design I did. :D

If you scroll back up you can see it.
    Last edited by Dorknight; 04-19-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    04-19-2012 07:11 PM
    I fixed the link for the design I did. :D

If you scroll back up you can see it.
    look verry good , we will look into this

thanks

Michael
    :P
    04-20-2012 12:01 AM
    One other thing that maybe can be improved is the gamma or brightness. It seems a bit bright... I think the blacks should be darker, if that makes sense. :)
    04-25-2012 12:03 AM
    Hello to you all again ,,

we have we have decided to extend the beta 4 weeks from to day

allso a new version in comming i just a few days

we have try to get the game allso on the microsoft beta marketplace so that every one that does not have an apphub account can beta test aswell

but we have a lot of problems now that the zune client is dead and the marketplace has been down for some change , we hope it is for a better windows ecosystem where everybody get a fair chanse

we have talk with
    David Sugarman

Microsoft Corporation

Americas Sales Director, Infrastructure-to-Apps

WW HP Alliance

Windows Phone: 781.704.1389

Lync Phone: 781.373.8683

e-mail: davidsug@microsoft.com

Gamertag: mstacheef

about our old game wicth was still on sale , 4 days a go , dispite it was disable last year 1 aguest 2011 ,, but we can tell you if you have the old version of zombies night out , you will get a new one verry soon

you can still visit our home page and download this beta test

and thanks to you all,, we are making change to the menu,game, and so forth

i think in one week we have the final product for you to test out before we put the game on to the microsoft marketplace

and it will bee free to all beta testers

best regards
    Michael
    :P:D:lol:
    04-27-2012 05:03 PM
48 12