Zombies Night Out Beta testers whanted

EvoFxStudio

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I just restarted my phone, and it Works now!! :D I guess you can delete your third link for the emulator

Oh and I noticed your tag for the post is misspelled. It should say "nightout" :)
i am allso verry happy , to see you got it to work

that is what it all about ,,,

go and play the game
:p;):cool::D

best regards
michael

Dorknight

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so this is interesting. I tried to play it again this afternoon, and its crashing at 50% again. But then I restarted the phone and its working again. Not sure what is causing this.

Controls
There are a couple things that are bothering me. The controls are a bit tough... I would recommend adding a sensitivity control for the joystick on the right. Also, the d-pad on the left has a hard time with my finger swiping around on it. It doesn't detect diagonal movement very well. I usually have to let go and press either up, down, left or right. If you can make controls customizable, that would be ideal. Or have the controls invisible, but detect when your fingers touch the screen.

Two games/apps that you can look at that have very good controls are vNESLight, Rocket Riot and Square Off.

Design
From a design point of view, the main menu can use some work. Its too busy... I would get rid of the big red, all caps text thats scrolling saying "GLOBAL TAKEOVER" I would get rid of that, and have the title of the game at the top. Get rid of the yellow header. Also, I would use a different font for the section header. If you notice in my design, I actually used a cool pixelated font, like in the 80s video games. :D That should help a lot I think. I actually took a screenshot of the game and did a little design work in Photoshop. :cool:

main-menu.jpg

Last edited:

EvoFxStudio

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so this is interesting. I tried to play it again this afternoon, and its crashing at 50% again. But then I restarted the phone and its working again. Not sure what is causing this.

Controls
There are a couple things that are bothering me. The controls are a bit tough... I would recommend adding a sensitivity control for the joystick on the right. Also, the d-pad on the left has a hard time with my finger swiping around on it. It doesn't detect diagonal movement very well. I usually have to let go and press either up, down, left or right. If you can make controls customizable, that would be ideal. Or have the controls invisible, but detect when your fingers touch the screen.

Two games/apps that you can look at that have very good controls are vNESLight, Rocket Riot and Square Off.

Design
From a design point of view, the main menu can use some work. Its too busy... I would get rid of the big red, all caps text thats scrolling saying "GLOBAL TAKEOVER" I would get rid of that, and have the title of the game at the top. Get rid of the yellow header. Also, I would use a different font for the section header. If you notice in my design, I actually used a cool pixelated font, like in the 80s video games. :D That should help a lot I think. I actually took a screenshot of the game and did a little design work in Photoshop. :cool:

Click to view quoted image
thanks for all your feedback , we will look into the stuff you talk about

i can not see the picture here in the forum

can you mail it to me
michael@evofxstudio.net
:p:cool:

EvoFxStudio

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site

Controls

Design

Click to view quoted image

ABOUT THIS
Okay, so this is interesting. I tried to play it again this afternoon, and its crashing at 50% again. But then I restarted the phone and its working again. Not sure what is causing this

IT IS A BUG IN THE MICROSOFT FRAMEWORK
i allso had this on my lumia 800
i think it is becourse of the fast apps swicth

let say you an incomming call while you are playing and after you call is finish you go back to the game or leve it in the back ground , course doing othere stuff

so when you return back to the game ,, the microsoft framework remember the stuff that was running ,, all good so far
then you quit the game,, and do not play iy let say a day,,

and then you load up the game and play , it crash

becourse fast app startup meens , that all the stuff you have installed on your phone the will allways bee kept some small buffer or startupcode running

in order to do fast app swicth or startup

so i think it is a microsoft bug in the framework

when i reset the phone , it whipe out the memory and you get a real startup ,, so it is working

we have encounter sevel bugs in windows phone 8107 version

audio bugs , when you shoot, not stopping properly
radio bugs allso audio
graphics bug in the driver
and the bug you mention,, 50% loading and crash

so it is verry deffecult to do a game on this platform
it is not the same thing with all these windows phones
i whish there where only one phone with the same hardware spec.

like the xbox and iphone,, i think microsoft shood be a ware about this
i have try post somthing about this in the apphub forum
but the post get deleted right a way

that is allso why we are doing a public beta,,

we whant to know as developers , what are the guide lines for these defferent phones
and microsoft will not share this info

i think that is why not manny cool 3d games on windows phone , becourse developers can not get im to run properly,, you know there more to games than just draw a sprite on the screen in a 2d game

3d games are hard to make , if you have to know all these defferent phones and hardware spect.
normal a 3d game requer a lot of memory , we are allso restracted to only 90mb of memory use

so it is hard.. as ****

please keep comming with more feedback or problems you are having

Michael

Last edited:

Dorknight

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
One other thing that maybe can be improved is the gamma or brightness. It seems a bit bright... I think the blacks should be darker, if that makes sense. :)

EvoFxStudio

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello to you all again ,,

we have we have decided to extend the beta 4 weeks from to day

allso a new version in comming i just a few days

we have try to get the game allso on the microsoft beta marketplace so that every one that does not have an apphub account can beta test aswell

but we have a lot of problems now that the zune client is dead and the marketplace has been down for some change , we hope it is for a better windows ecosystem where everybody get a fair chanse

we have talk with
David Sugarman

Microsoft Corporation

Americas Sales Director, Infrastructure-to-Apps

WW HP Alliance

Windows? Phone: 781.704.1389

Lync? Phone: 781.373.8683

e-mail: davidsug@microsoft.com

Gamertag: mstacheef

about our old game wicth was still on sale , 4 days a go , dispite it was disable last year 1 aguest 2011 ,, but we can tell you if you have the old version of zombies night out , you will get a new one verry soon

you can still visit our home page and download this beta test

and thanks to you all,, we are making change to the menu,game, and so forth

i think in one week we have the final product for you to test out before we put the game on to the microsoft marketplace

and it will bee free to all beta testers

best regards
Michael
:p:cool::D:lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos