MetroTalk: new Google Voice client, beta testers needed

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I started developing a Google Voice app for my own personal use, because I wasn't happy with what's out there in the Marketplace. I have some programming experience, but I am new to C#, XAML, and the mobile apps world. Because of how fun the whole process was, this became a full-featured Google Voice client app.

I have already launched a version in the Marketplace, but quickly realized the need for proper beta testing! I have a new version that fixes a lot of the original bugs, and need people to help as beta testers. If you are interested, please send an email to beta@metrotalk-windowsphone.com and I will send you a link for downloading. The first 30 people will receive a free copy of the app for their trouble, with one of the upcoming update releases.

The beta app collects debugging info if a crash occurs. This info is encrypted and sent automatically, the next time the app is launched. No personal information is sent. With the exception of this functionality, this is the full client, without ads.

Thanks for reading! For more info, please visit: MetroTalk

Edit: Thanks to all the people who have already sent an email. Please don't forget to include your Windows Live ID in your email, in order to enable access for your account. Also, please include subject "WPCENTRAL04" in all future emails.

Last edited:

0mie

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This client is AWESOME!!! I've only been using it a few minutes, but I think it's GREAT!!! I've download a few others, but this seems to take the cake. I will give me insight in the next coming days as I test it more :)

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear that you like it :) I really want it to do well, despite the "false" start I've had with the original release. Unfortunatelly the first version came with a few bugs, went online in the Marketplace, and I didn't realize until it was too late. I guess it's the price one has to pay due to the lack of previous experience. I am a bit too busy for the next month, but I will definitely keep updating, and already have a list of things I want to implement next.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much for all the responses and for all your help!

The goal of getting 30 beta testers has been reached for some time now, so for the time being, I will stop adding new users to the beta program. You can find MetroTalk in the Marketplace (link: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=e29cf7f0-dcae-438e-ac88-d3a8d35b7fc5), and you can contact me with any feedback, questions or comments you have at support@metrotalk-windowsphone.com.

Thanks again for using MetroTalk and for all your support! :)

kaiser10123

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having issues getting toast notifications I had in govoice but with your app can not figure out what I'm doing wrong

Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having issues getting toast notifications I had in govoice but with your app can not figure out what I'm doing wrong

Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express
First, thanks for having the patience to make MetroTalk work :) I believe I had sent you an email on Wed 04/18 but I never saw a reply. Can you please email me the forwarding MetroTalk email you're using, along with the corresponding Google Voice email address?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss