Money Wallet

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Money Wallet - simple and useful personal finance assistant

Money Wallet Beta5
Version: 0.8

Money Wallet - is a simple and useful personal finance assistant.

Description:
All fans of Spb Finance and Cash Orginizer devoted.
The task was to transfer functionality of Spb Finance/Cash Organizer to Windows Phone 7.

Of course, application is not unique in it's category, but the most popular applications in Marketplace do not reach functional of Spb Finance/CashOrg. That why I decided to create this application.

Features:
  • list of accounts of different types (Cash, Bank account, Credit cars and others)
  • list of transactions
  • splits in transactions
  • hierarchical category list
  • list of currencies and the main currency
  • transfer between accounts with different currencies with currency conversation
  • import from QIF (local file or Sky Drive service)
  • scheduled transactions
  • number of executing and expired scheduled transaction on application tile
  • weekly, monthly and yearly budgets
  • database backup/restore
  • Net Worth, Account Balance, Profit & Loss reports
Small help about templates in scheduled transactions
Link

Plans for the future:
  1. Font size settings
  2. Calculator in amount edit page
  3. Extended report configuration system
  4. Remove dependencies from external libraries
  5. First release (end of may)
  6. Optimize speed and memory usage

Installing application.
There are two ways to install app:
1. If you have an unlocked phone, you can download XAP-file (link below).
2. You can take a part in a closed beta-testing. To do this send me a private message with your's LiveID. One day after confirmation add you as a beta tester application can be downloaded from Marketplace (links below).

Information about updating
At this moment application is BETA. According to Marketplace rules it cannot be updated. So new version will be formed as a new applications. Therefore you'll lose all data after update.
This problem will be resolved with the advance of correct export/import and backup/restore, but I cannot give any time limits as the application does not implements basic functionality.

P.S. I would be glad any critics and suggestions.

Application language: English/Russian

Code:
[size=3][b]History[/b][/size]
[B]0.8 (Beta5)[/B]
[list]
[*]added Net Worth, Account Balance, Profit & Loss reports with different configurations for each report
[*]added sign of confirmed transaction
[*]fixed display of budget indicator when amount is more than limit
[*]added dialogs to confirm data deleting
[*]after changing project transaction title does not updating
[*]added templates in Memo field of transaction and split
[*]update budgets after add/edit/delete transaction
[*]in scheduled transaction "Repeat period" value was not saving info database
[*]fixed crash while adding scheduled transfer
[*]fixed error in budgets calculating which does not taking into splits information
[*]fixed error while changing parent for category
[*]fixed error while deleting category/project which is using in transaction/split/scheduled transaction/scheduled splits/budget
[/list]
[B]0.6 (Beta4)[/B]
[list]
[*]added budgets support
[*]fixed deleting transaction with splits
[*]when editing existing amount first input will erase current value
[*]fixed import from QIF when amount value contains decimal and group separators
[*]fixed unavailability save transaction button when adding splits
[*]fixed incorrect receivers list when selecting receiver second time
[*]added project selection in split edit
[*]added application database backup/restore support
[*]added support for win-1251 encoding when importing data from QIF
[*]fixed incorrect save button state when editing repeating scheduled transaction
[*]added setting to disable background agent and time period while program can notify about scheduled transactions
[*]added background agent
[*]when there are no scheduled transactions background agent is stoping
[/list]
[b]0.4 (Beta3)[/b]
[list]
[*]display on live tile number of expired transaction and scheduled transaction to be executed
[*]scheduled transaction can be skiped
[*]all transaction has icon even if they don't have a category
[*]added scheduled transactions
[*]some little changes in layout on main page in transactions list
[*]added text when accounts/transactions/schedules list is empty
[*]when adding new transactions it does not adding to list, only after program restart or changing current account
[*]when deleting transaction it does not removing from the transactions list
[*]added crash reports saving
[*]some cross-thread exceptions was eliminated
[/list]
[b]0.2 (Beta2)[/b]
[list]
[*]fixed crash when adding new account
[*]link to import page moved from main page to application settings page
[/list]

Download:

Marketplace
Money Wallet Beta5
Zune
MoneyWallet Beta5

XAP
MoneyWallet_0.8.5.268.xap

Last edited:

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Budgets are almost done:
- database structure changes are done
- budgets display page is ready
Now I'm working on page to add and edit budgets and integration budgets with background agent to show budgets notifications.

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
So, this is the end of current iteration. Let's sum up.
  • Budgets came into application. There three types of budgets: weekly, monthly (used by default) and yearly.
  • Fixed many bugs A lot of error was fixed related to interaction with background tasks.
  • Some small speed and memory optimizations
  • Added backup/restore
  • Added background agent to update live tile and display toast notifications about scheduled transactions
I think, it's good work. At this moment application is approved and has been certified, so we are waiting it's arrival to marketplace (this happens around midnight), after that I will update link at the topic.

Let's talk about next version. Nice to everyone said that we are one step away from release. And this step is reports. Currently scheduled four major reports:
  1. Incomes
  2. Expenses
  3. Expenses in a period
  4. Movements in account
In additions in Beta5 I plan to add calculator functional in amount enter. Also I'll work on speed optimization in accounts and categories lists. If I have a time, I'll do optimizations in list of transactions, but not promise.
All this will be by mid-May. Than there will be 2 weeks of testing, fixing bug in release, which scheduled for late May.

Just want warn you than application will pay a price - 3-4 $. But those who helped me with good ideas, bug reports and features requests will get they money back.

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Beta5 was publiched on marketplace!
Link
Changes list:
  • added Net Worth, Account Balance, Profit & Loss reports with different configurations for each report
  • added sign of confirmed transaction
  • fixed display of budget indicator when amount is more than limit
  • added dialogs to confirm data deleting
  • after changing project transaction title does not updating
  • added templates in Memo field of transaction and split
  • update budgets after add/edit/delete transaction
  • in scheduled transaction "Repeat period" value was not saving info database
  • fixed crash while adding scheduled transfer
  • fixed error in budgets calculating which does not taking into splits information
  • fixed error while changing parent for category
  • fixed error while deleting category/project which is using in transaction/split/scheduled transaction/scheduled splits/budget

Finally added reports. For now they are very simple, but this is big step forward. In release (it will be the next version) reports configuration will be much extended.
Also I added templates support in scheduled transactions in "Memo" field, when you executing scheduled transaction. Here is small help for those templates. templates help

Now a few words about plans for the future.
I've done rewriting amount enter page. Now it looks like standard calculator application. Besides I've added calculator functions. In Beta5 new dialog does not present, but it will be in release.
Two main tasks for the next version - extended report configuration system and font size settings.
Besides, last week I'll spend on testing Trial-mode and configuring trial-mode limits.
Development stop date is May 27, then about 4-5 days for application certification and publishing (beta version certification is mush faster than public application).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon