[APP] Core Temp Monitor for WP7.5 and up - Testers needed

ArthurTC

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Core Temp Monitor lets you connect to computers running Core Temp, which I also developed.
A similar Android app has been out for over 18 months now.
So far I've tested this app on the emulator and on a WP7.8 Lumia phone and it worked fine. But I really need some input from more people,
so I'll appreciate any testers giving it a shot and letting me know what they think.

ZfoQTAI.png

Here's the XAP file, it it the 'Trial' version.
Still working on getting a dev account for the Marketplace, so hasn't been submitted there yet, therefore the 'Buy' and 'Feedback' options won't work.
Setup instructions are available here.
Some more screenshots are here.

ArthurTC

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I started to work on this app early 2012, and dropped it until about a month ago, so I thought I'd release it anyway.
Shouldn't WP7 apps still work on WP8?

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah WP7 apps will work on WP8 with a few small exceptions, but a relatively simple app such as this, e.g no streaming etc. Should work fine and will have a much bigger audience on both WP7 and WP8,, if you wanted to branch to include things like instant resume for WP8 you could but would be up to you I'd definatly keep support for WP7 though

ArthurTC

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. The app is pretty straight forward. It only uses a socket connection, so there shouldn't be any incompatibilities.
I don't have a WP8 phone, and I'm still on Win7, so I can't install WP8 SDK... I'd appreciate if anyone could give this a shot.
As for Core Temp, if you don't want to use the installer, you can download the standalone version in 'More downloads...'

ArthurTC

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Core Temp Monitor for Windows Phone is now available for download from the Windows Phone Store

irRPXIt.png

There is currently 2 bugs I found in this release:
1. If the phone is locked while CTM is still running and some time passes, CTM doesn't resume properly. It won't display any monitors and will probably crash. So I would recommend to close the app when you're done with it, before locking the phone.
2. There is a mysterious issue when some times when the application starts, it will display a 'Connection interrupted' dialog with a 'Parameter: index' error. In such case, just exit the app and launch it again.

I'm working on getting these two problems sorted, but would really appreciate feedback on other serious problems so they can be fixed before I resubmit the app, which can take several days to be approved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon