Beta testers needed for sanity check of 1Alarm

seemack

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some people to do a final check of an app I'll be releasing into the wild soon. It's just a simple alarm clock so I'm not expecting many bugs but I figured it'd be worth putting it out for a beta since I've only personally tested it on a 920.

Features and raison d'etre:
- Shake-to-snooze
- New time-entry mechanism that is much quicker and more accurate than the default scrolling-style one. This is one of the big reasons that I started working on this app. All too often, changing the time on the standard scrolling-style chooser would take multiple swipes and at least 1 correction due to scrolling past the desired number.
- Clean design. I wanted to do something other than the '20 year old digital alarm clock' look you see so often in the other alarm clock apps.

I've got a short walkthrough video here: 1Alarm Beta Walkthrough on Vimeo and there's some screenshots as well at the beta listing: 1Alarm Beta.

If you're interested, send me a LiveId and I'll add it to the beta so you can download the app

Chris

seemack

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for checking it out! And for leaving a comment too, after 40+ views and no bites, I was beginning to wonder if I'd made a terrible mistake : )

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I only have a 920, so I may be minimal use to you. One thing I cannot stand with the regular one is the tiny "dismiss" button, which I frequently don't hit first time.

seemack

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey Narse,

That'd be awesome. Even if it's on the same device, having other people use the app is still key for discovering bugs since they will use the app in different ways than I might expect. If you PM me the Microsoft Account you want to use, I'll add it to the beta list and PM you back once I've done so.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded it. Love the look and very interesting way to set the alarm! took me a second to figure it out lol. Couple questions, does it have a landscape view? Is the nap always set for 5 seconds? I used it to test the alarm and it always seems to go off after a few seconds now. It may be I haven't figured out how to set the nap timer yet though lol.

seemack

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey Peachy,

Like I said to Narse, it's still very handy for me to have other people test the app even if it's on the same device. Feel free to pm me your Microsoft Account/LiveId and I'll add it to the beta.

seemack

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! People not understanding how to use the time chooser has been my biggest concern but, at least personally, I think the fact you can enter time so much quickly and accurately makes it well worth it. Still, I should see if I can make it more immediately understandable!

To answer your questions:
1) This version doesn't support landscape view. It's definitely something I'd for the next version if I got a lot of requests for it though.
2) haha no, the nap isn't always for 5 seconds. You can change it by starting a nap and then clicking on the accent-coloured text, similar to how you change the alarm time.

seemack

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
That'd be awesome Phantom! I'd love to hear how it runs on the 822. PM me your Microsoft account and I'll add it to the beta list.

seemack

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! PM me your Microsoft Id / LiveId and I'll add them to the beta list.

@dalydose - The more the people the better. It will give me more chances to notice problems that people might commonly run into.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs