Beta testers needed for sanity check of 1Alarm

seemack

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Any chance we could get it on WP7 too? I have a HTC TITAN I can test with (my Nokia Lumia 920 is currently in repair)

Sorry! I've only got it set up for Windows Phone 8. I figured I'd release it on Wp8 first, just to get it out there, and then port to WP7 if the response was good.

seemack

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Quick summary of the main issues found for you folks:

- Time choosing page is hard to understand at first though it's mitigated by the video. I've added instructions that appear on screen if the user doesn't press anything for 10 sec since, presumably, that means they are confused. I might drop that delay from 10 sec to 5 sec.

- App crash that's happening to a couple people. I've been investigating this and I was only able to find a single reference to the exception that's causing it. The dev who ran into it never managed to fix it either but he said it seemed to be related to specific music files on his machine. It seems all I can do is catch the exception so that the app doesn't crash but this means that the app may not display all of the music on the device.

- Snooze happens immediately without touching the device. Very curious about this. I'll have to add some logging into the app to see what values the accelerometer is receiving.

I should have these tasks done within the next few days.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

If you haven't sent anything in, please do so even if it's just a quick 1-sentence note of what you liked or didn't like.

Cheers,
seemack

seemack

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, quick update:

I'm stoked to announce that 1Alarm has finally been released. It's actually been in the store for a few days now but I had to change the icon which took a ridiculous 4 days to get through certification. MS has really got to work on that.

Thanks to all of you whom have taken the time to participate in the beta of 1Alarm. You have my heartfelt appreciation! All in all, you guys helped me discover a major bug that I probably wouldn't have found on my own and gave me lots of insight on the app as well. I uploaded the release version of the app (minus the new icon) to the beta so please make sure to grab that.

Cheers!
seemack

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss