Testers wanted for News App

Ron Gramann

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
My third WP8 app is nearly feature-complete. I am looking for testers to give the app a test drive and put it through its paces. You will need to be able to side-load an xap (e.g. using Power Toys).

I am unable to pay you (it's a free app), but can give you an acknowledgement on the Credits page.

PM me if you are interested, with contact details, location, make/model of phone. I should have an xap ready by the weekend.

Thanks for your help.

Ron

Ron Gramann

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Could do, but I believe there is a limit to the number of testers. Also, I don't know what the turnaround is on posting updates. But, worth looking into I suppose.

WesternLights

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
It's just my 2 cents, but I was about to offer to be a tester until I saw that. My thought was "why, did it fail MS automated tests and will screw up something?" Maybe others would feel the same.

The limit of beta testers is at least 1000 since April and since beta apps don't go through certification, only automated tests - which really you should be sure you can pass because if you don't you might need deep changes in your app to pass it (for me it meant rewriting the skydrive API from scratch because the MS one includes GUI related things and therefore can't be used in a background agent) - it takes 1 hour or 2 to have the update on line. Plus it's less of a hassle for your users than having to receive a new XAP by email and sideloading it.

But like I said, just my 2 cents.

Ron Gramann

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough. I haven't looked at the Beta options in a while, so was unaware of the 1000 users (actually I think its up to 10,000 now). I was more concerned about the turnaround time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad