Beta Testing - Google Voice VoIP Client for WP8

wptouchdev

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I'm looking for users to beta test a new Google Voice VoIP related app. The app will allow Google Voice calls to be placed over WiFi or mobile data.

The requirements:
1.) A Google Voice account.
2.) Windows Phone 8 phone.
3.) Microsoft Account(Windows Live ID) email address.

If you'd like to beta test this app simply send a PM with the following info:
1.) Microsoft Account/Windows Live ID email address.
2.) Windows 8 phone model.

Once you have sent the PM with the above info I'll add you to the list. You'll then eventually receive an email that will contain a download link and instructions.
Thank you!

Update: The app is now also on the Windows Phone store as 'Spare Phone':
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/spare-phone/9508dd56-e881-420f-9185-96ccba768463

Last edited:

Dan Lis

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I would be happy to participate in the beta and would provide feedback from home (comcast broadband), college (T3) and retail places like McDonalds, local hospital, etc., etc.

wptouchdev

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Great! I got your PM so I'll send the info via email when the test is ready(likely Tuesday evening) to start.

Thanks to everyone who has signed up already. I'm still looking for additional testers so if you'd like to try the beta please let me know.
Thanks!

wptouchdev

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I just sent out an email to everyone that requested the beta version so please reply to the email with any feedback or issues you may have. Also if there is anyone else that would like to try the app please just let me know.
Thanks!

ingsoc413

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
So far its been excellent. Made calls to other cell phones, landline phones, and enterprise tier 1 level accounts (company w/ 10,000 employees)

Nice work creating this app.

Thanks!

wptouchdev

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Just sent you a PM. Does this support incoming calls?
The current beta version has incoming calls disabled for now but incoming will probably be enabled in the next update.

I'll send out the next round of emails with the app link to everyone that recently requested the beta within the next couple of hours. Still looking for more testers too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro