My O2 Live Tiles for Windows Phone Beta - Experiment by The Lab at O2

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I received the link yesterday and downloaded just now. First thing I noticed was it was really smooth. Really happy with that right off the bat.

Looking forward to see when/if the new tile colours come out. I switched back to Nokia blue so it blends a bit better.

On the balance live tile, when I have it pinned, "until" is grey where the other text is white. Is it supposed to be like that?

[Update] The "until" grey text seems to have fixed itself randomly. All text on that tile is whilte now.

Last edited:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got a suggestion for the data tile. Is the percentage remaining required? If ive got the figure for exactly how many mb i have remaining is it needed? At a glance i feel its slightly confusing is 68% what ive used or what i have remaining? I end up looking at the overall mb remaining to check. I would rather have a tile showing data remaining and additional costs for mms messaging as both my calls and texts are both set to unlimited. Other than that its great to see where im at with my data. Not having any issues with the live tiles or the app itself. Good work ;-)
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

iangriggs

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Got a suggestion for the data tile. Is the percentage remaining required? If ive got the figure for exactly how many mb i have remaining is it needed? At a glance i feel its slightly confusing is 68% what ive used or what i have remaining? I end up looking at the overall mb remaining to check. I would rather have a tile showing data remaining and additional costs for mms messaging as both my calls and texts are both set to unlimited. Other than that its great to see where im at with my data. Not having any issues with the live tiles or the app itself. Good work ;-)
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Thanks for the feedback and the positive comments.

I'll add that as a suggestion to my list as an option in the Live Tile page. Its an interesting one as some people can't get their head around MB/GB whereas a percentage might work better for them in conjunction with an allowance renewal date (another option to add to tile possibly)...hence why I settled on percentage for this version but you're point is definitely a valid one.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had the beta now for a few weeks and I've supplied my feedback. I would encourage as many O2 users to sign-up and download it and provide quality feedback - we need an app like this for WP although it needs more features but it's a solid start.

My only complaint is that the Live Tile for data usage doesn't update for me. Even when I tap on the tile, the app updates successfully, then I return to the Live Tile, it still doesn't update. Only removing/replacing the tile refreshes the data count. Battery Saver is disabled.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
My only complaint is that the Live Tile for data usage doesn't update for me. Even when I tap on the tile, the app updates successfully, then I return to the Live Tile, it still doesn't update. Only removing/replacing the tile refreshes the data count. Battery Saver is disabled.

Yeah this is something I noticed as well, but when I filled out the feedback survey in the email, I think I recall seeing it say that it is supposed to refresh every 12 hours. Not too sure though.

I'm really liking this app. Looking forward to see what becomes of it and what features might get added.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
[TechFreak1] Aiming to get a download link out this week.

[csd_images] Yes, unfortunately the API reflects the consumer rather than business portal hence the restriction - sorry about that.

Please mention this Beta to any friends who are also O2 Customers and use Windows Phone - NEED MORE TESTERS!...Thanks! :)

I take it testerss have been chosen?

I "applied" as soon as this was posted. and got the confirmation saying I'd be contacted if selected.

I was a few weeks later emailed with a survey on my thoughts of the app so far...problem is, i never had it as i'd never got any "acceptance" email or anything, so had no idea how to access it.

I'd meant to email about it, but had forgotten. Seeing this thread has reminded me, so i've popped an email off to O2 Labs.

Are you able to advise iangriggs?

Last edited:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Aww the beta for this app is over now and I can no longer use the connectivity shortcuts anymore. I really liked the design of them in this app. Had to uninstall it now. Ian sent out an email saying he was hoping to release the app again in its current form while they consider an official version. Hope they do release it since I used it quite a bit and it worked really well.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Aww that is a pity that the beta is over, I guess data sense can tide us over until the official release. I really liked having the tile, could just quickly glance at it whereas with data sense you need to launch it. The O2 app and data sense functionality would be a boon :cool:. In terms of the connectivity shortcuts there are free apps in the store, however I admit it was quite handy to have them in one app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon