[Beta] EmiPSX - Sony PlayStation (PSone) emulator

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
How do I get the app to show my games on a 928? I copied them to internal storage, tried leaving in the root folder and putting in a ROMs folder... in the app when I click "internal" nothing comes up. Do you have to download them directly on the device?

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Internal storage is "Closed", the transfer from usb is to system internal storage, not app storage. Currently, the only way to use app internal storage is download from internet( upload to skydrive and download throug mobile internet explorer) ot transfer from SD card to app internal storage. Only MS app have access to the storage seen on usb transfer.

EdSherriff

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Someone should test any cdda audio games to make sure they are working and compatible. As not all emulators can run them properly

The original Wipeout uses CDDA, so that would be a good candidate for testing.

Internal storage is "Closed", the transfer from usb is to system internal storage, not app storage. Currently, the only way to use app internal storage is download from internet( upload to skydrive and download throug mobile internet explorer) ot transfer from SD card to app internal storage. Only MS app have access to the storage seen on usb transfer.

Andre, apps can access the music and video libraries on internal storage, MPATool for example can read music metadata and write album art to the library. Surely it's possible to trick the OS into allowing the emulator access to read a ROM file loaded into the phone's music folder in internal storage? It may involve changing the file extension or packaging the ROM in a supported media container with bogus metadata on a PC before transferring to the phone, depending upon how the OS is classifying files as media or otherwise, but I think it can be done. Obviously considerable trial and error would be required to investigate but it would be really useful feature.

ataraxicstorm

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Had a quick playthrough on FF7 and seems to play fine other than slightly stuttering sound. FF9 fails to get past the square / enix presents text. Both have been ISO images, BIN files for both games have so far not loaded at all. ( L520 )

( tried loading onto phone via WPTorrent, then loaded into app and by transfer to SD Card )

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Almost at the end of the first disc of FF7 so should be able to report back on the disc swapping within a day or two, dependant on my kids being good and me getting some decent playtime. The first disc is much longer than I remember it being lol.

I also had the same issue with FF9, get the Squeenix logo and then black.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
May have hit a road block in FF7. I'm in the cave behind Cosmo Mountain and it keeps hanging no matter what I do once I hit a certain spot. May let it sit for awhile later on and see if that helps, would suck for it to freeze so far along.

Victor Lima1

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
hey man, could put me to beta test? private message I sent to you, please, I really want to play some games psx.
I'm sorry for the english, I'm Brazilian.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
2 things...

First, just finished the first disc of FF7 and the carryover to the second disc does work I can happily report. Andre, everything on the memory card side works great, just need to get it compatible with more titles haha.

Second, everyone asking to be in the beta, probably a good thing to remember that the beta is for testing, not just playing the games you want.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you expirience a bug when your being to go a save point the game hangs ff7

Using the regular memory card save slots I have had no issues. In the few instances where I use the Save States it would sometimes hang or go graphically glitchy, but that is about the only time I have had issues with it really.

Victor Lima1

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I know man, I'll try just about every game I have on the PC, which amounted to about 20 ~ 25 games! but of course, how I test, I'll play a few games I wanted to play on a laptop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb