[Beta] EmiPSX - Sony PlayStation (PSone) emulator

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Any estimation on how long until EmiPSX is out of Beta?

There are still much things to do. Most titles we tested has freezing issues. App needs a system to share save files (from the virtual memory cards) and the same system to share saved states, whose broken for now. Some cosmetic updates such as new start screen (why PS3 controller? Please, put an original 1995 controller or DualShock 1), some sort of background when not in game and configurable background color when in-game are needed. An options for 1:1 scaling for screens from 720p and larger and MOGA controller support, especially on the 1080p devices like Lumia 1520 would be awesome!

So if Andre want to do a really good quality app and will continue his work with same speed (looks like mobile developing is not his primary business) I presume it can out of beta in december or christmas.

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Any estimation on how long until EmiPSX is out of Beta?

I have no clue, but I know I had sent a PM about getting in on beta testing this.

I really want to test Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit, it really doesn't need memory card support, nor savestate, but it would be a good recompiler/xa audio test; I assume it will need to be at 100% CPU, because of the physics simulation. I knows it can be a demanding game, especially when its running with a glide wrapper on the PC edition.

Sent from my RM-860 (Lumia 928) using the OFFICIAL Tapatalk app.

Last edited:

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site
There are still much things to do. Most titles we tested has freezing issues. App needs a system to share save files (from the virtual memory cards) and the same system to share saved states, whose broken for now. Some cosmetic updates such as new start screen (why PS3 controller? Please, put an original 1995 controller or DualShock 1), some sort of background when not in game and configurable background color when in-game are needed. An options for 1:1 scaling for screens from 720p and larger and MOGA controller support, especially on the 1080p devices like Lumia 1520 would be awesome!

So if Andre want to do a really good quality app and will continue his work with same speed (looks like mobile developing is not his primary business) I presume it can out of beta in december or christmas.

This sounds great, you can definitely put me on the list of users who plan on running this on a Lumia 1520. Does he plan on or is accepting donations to speed up development/motivate him or is progress in regards to development limited simply to his time constraints? Anyways thanks for the reply, I hope that we'll soon be playing all those awesome PSX games without any glitches or crashing!

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to get any of the games I have to work.

Tested them all as ISO files.

Chrono Cross Disc 1
Final Fantasy Chronicles - Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy Anthology - Final Fantasy VI

Downloaded them in IE, then on open the emulator comes up as a black screen. Nothing else happens no matter how long I wait. Once I try to back out of the emulator, it freezes and will not exit.

I still have to try Final Fantasy Tactics, then I might try to convert them all into BIN files and try that.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Version 1.05 is on store, support to original bios to increase compatibility, please test and send feedback, the compatibility list is up again, it was on trash for some reason I dont know.
For those requesting beta test I have many testers already and few feedback so I'm not adding anymore. Please wait for the open beta.

zack05

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Enable bios fix
Increased speed and quality
Lumia 520
Thanks sir andre hope memory card import and export added on your next update

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Version 1.05 is on store, support to original bios to increase compatibility, please test and send feedback, the compatibility list is up again, it was on trash for some reason I dont know.
For those requesting beta test I have many testers already and few feedback so I'm not adding anymore. Please wait for the open beta.

Vigilante 8: 2nd offence - still hangs at startup
Duke Nukem: Land of the babes - still hangs at startup
Future Cop L.A.P.D - still hangs on FMVs

Don`t know I maked BIOS right - I putted it into same folder on SD Card as ROMs then tried to load it like a regular game ROM, Copying File dialog appears for a sec then it returns to choosing Roms menu, I`m verified that Enable BIOS is checked in settings then tried to load game ROMs above.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
you can test bios reseting the game, if bios is working it will run the bios menu (you can check if it is on internal storage and with correct size, must be named scph1001.bin).

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
you can test bios reseting the game, if bios is working it will run the bios menu (you can check if it is on internal storage and with correct size, must be named scph1001.bin).

I have my scph1001 only on Recent Games tab. There is no files in internal except Vagrant Story ROM. When I`m trying to reset game it just... resets. What the "BIOS menu" you mean?

wp_ss_20130912_0001.jpg
wp_ss_20130912_0002.png

---
SOLVED. Just uploaded BIOS bin to SkyDrive then download it through the phone and it works. Playstation logo and its main menu appears when I resetted game.
---
Vigilante 8: 2nd offence - still hangs at startup
Duke Nukem: Land of the babes - still hangs at startup
Future Cop L.A.P.D - still hangs on FMVs
Tested with BIOS enabled. Also when you switch to BIOS on you lost your saves and saved states. Switching BIOS to off restores them.

Last edited:

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

Sorry for not posting much feedback, I haven't been testing lately because the save state button keeps freezing the app and it's very annoying

EDIT: I started playing again and the freezing issue seems to have disappeared miraculously :) (maybe something to do with the update?) anyway I'll be testing more games again

EdSherriff

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Andre, any thoughts on release schedule yet? I know you said you were going to try to increase speed then focus on compatibility with post release updates.

If you want my opinion, you could release with only very limited compatibility as long as you could guarantee good compatibility on a small number of popular/well known titles. As long as you manage users expectations to only expect these games to work with no guarantee on anything not listed you will probably be safe from a significant backlash from overly optimistic, technically ignorant customers. If you provided a limited trial with for example no save states or memory cards and after 10 minutes of gameplay threw the player back to the app's main menu/nag screen you would allow users to test out the app while maintaining a very strong incentive to pay for it. As already mentioned by others you could probably charge a AAA price tag for the app ($5+) that reflects the amount of work you've put in but I think you'd need definitely need to meet the above conditions to do so.

Also, I've been thinking if you can't get the integrated skydrive working with large files you may as well replace it with a link that opens the skydrive website in IE.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Update from my last post:

The issue was with the images. I found a different copy of each of the games I was trying to test, and now they all work! The only issue I've seen so far is with Chrono Trigger, sound doesn't play during FMV's at all, and the audio is a bit distorted.

I have not tested since I got the update this afternoon for 1.05, so I'll post tomorrow after I've had some time to test with the new update.

EdSherriff

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Update from my last post:

The issue was with the images. I found a different copy of each of the games I was trying to test, and now they all work! The only issue I've seen so far is with Chrono Trigger, sound doesn't play during FMV's at all, and the audio is a bit distorted.

I have not tested since I got the update this afternoon for 1.05, so I'll post tomorrow after I've had some time to test with the new update.

Is the working version the same region ID (SLUS-XXXXX/SCES-XXXXX etc) as the version that didn't work? This is useful stuff to be noting to identify specific games that have been tested.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa