New contacts app

shegg77

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure there are a bunch of these out there but I thought id get my feet wet with Windows Phone programming by starting with a simple concept. Right now it has the ability to load contacts with easy access to pinning them to your favorites, it also has a search page that you can filter from first name to last name to their phone numbers. I also have a simple options menu for the user to change to a grid view or disable the jumplist. Through a freeish API you can also batch send a vcard format of your contacts via email which you will need to sign in to.

As for things that im going to be filling in: more advanced favorite filter name system, the ability to sign in to keep your email and password to not have to sign in everytime, some ui tweaks.

wp_ss_20130830_0003 [www.imagesplitter.net].png
wp_ss_20130830_0002 [www.imagesplitter.net].png
wp_ss_20130830_0001 [www.imagesplitter.net].png

Some things are missing with every contacts app on windows phone due to API restraints and how im kinda new to the whole WP programming thing:) if you'd like to beta test I'll have a link and pictures of the app tomorrow(which is actually today) since I believe ill have to add you. Thanks:)

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for bringing a new app to the attention of the members of WPCentral. This app looks like it will be useful for a lot of people. Good luck with your app, and please feel free to visit the other forums and to interact with our members.

shegg77

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I hope people do find it useful:) If you'd like to test it just PM me your Microsoft ID and I'll add you to get the link

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon