Need Some Beta Testers with Multiple Nest Thermostats

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for bringing a new app to the attention of the members of WPCentral. This app looks interesting and useful. Good luck with your app, and please feel free to visit the other forums and to interact with our members.

anthonypham

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply everyone, I went on a vacation for a little bit. I got in contact with Gary Johnson (creator of wpnest) just before leaving for vacation and got some advice from him about my app. I am in the process of reworking the UI and will update you guys when I am ready for testers again. Hopefully sometime later this week, it just depends on how much time I have to dedicate to the rework.

Thanks.

anthonypham

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have finished reworking my UI! There are still some minor things here and there that need to be tackled, but I think I am ready for testers. Please PM me your email address if you have a Nest thermostat (or multiple) and would like to participate in the beta.

Windows Store Beta Link

Thanks!

Last edited:

MadFoodScientist

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anthony, the app looks great! My initial feedback is that I like the way the app looks and I like that I can easily see both of my thermometers and several settings. I did find that how to change the temperature was initially not apparent. I have now figured it out but perhaps a more obvious/easy/accurate control scheme would be better. Thanks for putting together this app! So far it is outstanding!

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

anthonypham

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Anthony, the app looks great! My initial feedback is that I like the way the app looks and I like that I can easily see both of my thermometers and several settings. I did find that how to change the temperature was initially not apparent. I have now figured it out but perhaps a more obvious/easy/accurate control scheme would be better. Thanks for putting together this app! So far it is outstanding!

Thanks for the feedback! Would you mind either posting or sending some screenshots of your multiple thermometer setup to wellnezted@outlook.com ?

I initially had a different control scheme, but I reworked the entire UI to try to prevent trademark infringements (which is most likely the reason why the previous nest apps are no longer published).

MadFoodScientist

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense. I just downloaded the new update and it will no longer open on my phone. I have a Nokia 1020. I will send screen shots

MadFoodScientist

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks that worked! It seems like this new version is easier to adjust the temperature on( either that or I have become more used to it). I actually like the adjustment method. Maybe if there was something to a first time user a clue on how to adjust. Some additional thoughts: 1) would be great if we could swipe to move to the 2nd thermostat instead of using the arrows on the bottom. 2) It would be cool if info on both thermostats showed on the big live tile instead of just the first thermostat

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130924_0001.png
    wp_ss_20130924_0001.png
    107 KB · Views: 1
  • wp_ss_20130924_0002.png
    wp_ss_20130924_0002.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 1
  • wp_ss_20130924_0003.jpg
    wp_ss_20130924_0003.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1

anthonypham

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the screenshots, it looks like the mock data worked.

• I thought about adding a tutorial of sorts, but as you know I spent most of my time reworking the UI. Perhaps I will add the tutorial at a later time, I think having the app on the market sooner will be beneficial for those who do not have any nest related app installed
• The swiping on the Pivot actual moves through locations, that's why I added the arrow buttons to go through thermostats. I'm not sure how many people have multiple locations setup on their nests accounts, if there aren't many perhaps I can rework the pivots in the future.
• I will see what I can do about handling multiple thermostats in the big live tile.

Example of multiple locations and thermostats with mock data attached.

Attachments

• uydIkGl.png
    uydIkGl.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 1

MadFoodScientist

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds good. I agree with your point on getting it to the market. I has the old nest apps on my 920 but when I upgraded to the 1020 I could not control my nest. Thanks again on getting this awesome app out!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss