[Beta] Music to Library (wirelessly from PC) or download from Internet

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
After using this for awhile here's my initial feedback. It does work well most of the time. I did have some issues with the app crashing on the phone and I also had some lockups on my server (WIN2k8 R2) using the java server for this app. I also had a hard drive failure (the one the java server was accessing) on my server during this period which is probably not related but I stopped using this for now anyway. Keep up the good work and I'll probably test the next version.

Pros:
1. It transfers the files over my home Wifi and does place them in the music hub on my phone which is exactly what I wanted. If only MS would allow Dev's to access the SD card so the files could be put where I really want them.
2. Did not notice any storage issues such as unexplained increases in other storage etc..
3. Nice and simple. No unneeded features.

Cons:
1. UX needs some refinement. Needs some sort of status or percentage indicator. It's difficult to tell if the file is actually being transferred.
2. When file successfully completes transferring it says "file deleted" before saying it was successful.
3. Transfers are slow.
4. Needs to support transferring from a normal windows file share instead of needing a Java app on the host machine. Java is not secure and it seems like every app in the store requires you to install their own server in order to work. If we all did that we'd have 100 individual servers running on our PC's. and is a security issue in my opinion.

All in all I think it's pretty good for a Beta and will keep tabs on it. Something like ES file explorer would be awesome.

nsbabra

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
After using this for awhile here's my initial feedback. It does work well most of the time. I did have some issues with the app crashing on the phone and I also had some lockups on my server (WIN2k8 R2) using the java server for this app. I also had a hard drive failure (the one the java server was accessing) on my server during this period which is probably not related but I stopped using this for now anyway. Keep up the good work and I'll probably test the next version.

Pros:
1. It transfers the files over my home Wifi and does place them in the music hub on my phone which is exactly what I wanted. If only MS would allow Dev's to access the SD card so the files could be put where I really want them.
2. Did not notice any storage issues such as unexplained increases in other storage etc..
3. Nice and simple. No unneeded features.

Cons:
1. UX needs some refinement. Needs some sort of status or percentage indicator. It's difficult to tell if the file is actually being transferred.
2. When file successfully completes transferring it says "file deleted" before saying it was successful.
3. Transfers are slow.
4. Needs to support transferring from a normal windows file share instead of needing a Java app on the host machine. Java is not secure and it seems like every app in the store requires you to install their own server in order to work. If we all did that we'd have 100 individual servers running on our PC's. and is a security issue in my opinion.

All in all I think it's pretty good for a Beta and will keep tabs on it. Something like ES file explorer would be awesome.

Thank you for the feedback.. Appreciate it .

1. As for UI, I'll definitely work on it..
2. That is some bad coding practice.. Forgot to uncomment it .. Will be done in next version.
3. I don't think I can do much about it.. but will still try to find the balance b/w Buffer and transfer speed in the next release..
4. A server is needed to send requests to and get responses from.. Pardon me if I'm not getting you..
But when you open the app's mainpage.. It sends request to "192.168.x.x:999" or something.. and there should be a server (on Port 9999 here) that understands the kind of request and can generate a response that can be understood by the client.
And Server uses minimal OS resources and only understands the kind of request the client sends (in this case, my App).. so there's not to worry about it.. I suppose.

Still, I'll try, once my exams are over, to code the server too in C#.net too...I coded the server in Java as it'll be able to run on Linux, Windows and Mac(hopefully).

And I don't think the server caused your hard disk crash.. I've transferred almost whole of my collection (just to test) and my Laptop is working fine. :D

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello !
I'm a punjabi too so you should atleast pay attention to fellow men ! (kidding :p)
I've been looking for such an app since ages, finally stumbled here... But when i click on the link, it says this app is not available for you phone, country, provider.... (all that boring stuff :p)
Mine is a 520 with gdr3+black, please sort this out quickly ! And when you do, do post it here so that i can try again. Btw i registered for the beta (with the same live account used on my lumia), but that didnt help either :p Get it working bhaaji ! :p

Seth Wenger1

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I'm wondering if someday this will be made available in canada. I have a lumia 520 and tried to install this application via my sd card but it said it couldn't install because i have a canadian device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs