[Beta] Music to Library (wirelessly from PC) or download from Internet

nsbabra

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm a student and a new windows phone developer. I recently created a new WP app "Music to Library". Motive of the app was to solve two problems with WP.
1. Download a Song from Web to the Music Hub [WP's IE starts streaming it]
2. Transfer Songs from PC/Laptop wirelessly to your phone into the Music Hub.

My App solves these two problems ..
For 1. you have to paste the song link in the app and fill the necessary fields and It downloads the song to your Music Library.
For 2. A Server is needed. The detailed instructions on how to set up server and the server link are in the app description.

It's a fairly simple app without much bells and whistles but I hope It does the job for you.

App Link is : Music to Library | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

You can check the Screenshots to get an Idea.

For those of you who wish to join the beta, Please fill it : https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Feedback is much appreciated. :smile:

Thanks. :)

Last edited:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for bringing a new app to the attention of our members here on WPCentral. It looks interesting and useful. Good luck with your app, and please feel free to check out the other forums and interact with members here.

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
hi, is there supposed to be an installer for the server. i downloaded the server zip file but no exe or msi in the zip.

nsbabra

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
hi, is there supposed to be an installer for the server. i downloaded the server zip file but no exe or msi in the zip.

Server is a jar file...
IT requires java to be installed on your system. There is no installer, just run the .jar file once you install java on your system.

Last edited:

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I definitely will. I now have this working and it absolutely works. I've noticed some minor things as is expected but it solves a major issue (for me) so thanks.I've used it to transfer 6 MP3's larger than 150MB without issue.

nsbabra

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I definitely will. I now have this working and it absolutely works. I've noticed some minor things as is expected but it solves a major issue (for me) so thanks.I've used it to transfer 6 MP3's larger than 150MB without issue.

Great.. :)
and about the bugs, I know there are some.. But will probably squash them out in the final release as I have my exams now and next month.
A UI overhaul and these minor bugs are on my to-do list for the final release.
In the mean time, If you notice some other bugs. Please feel free to write here . I'll see what I can do. :)