[BETA] Music Lovers need apply

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Howdy,

I have the core search, download and import features completed on my app Music Import and I would love for you to trial it and fill your music + videos hub up with tunes!

Oh yup the Song Metadata editing is also functional, so you can edit track name, artist etc.

I have created a beta here Music Import | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (Australia) with a few participants from my twitter shout outs.

If you would like me to add your Microsoft Account to the beta, feel free to send me the email address of your Microsoft Account to cheekyghostapps@outlook.com and I will add you and send you back an email response to let you know you are added, then I think it takes about 2 hours for the beta to update with your address!

Thanks in advance for your participation people!

<3

Ghosty

Oh P.S. Sorry folks, Windows Phone 8 only! Windows Phone 7 doesn't support the SaveSong method in the SDK!

Last edited:

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
My app is a Windows Phone app for Windows Phone 8, it allows you to find (search) for songs, download the songs and then import the songs into the music + videos library on the phone.

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, does it reeeeeeaaally matter where the music is coming from?

Two well known sites on the internet is where it is coming from, potentially more sources to be added in the future :)

Feel free to use fiddler to inspect the requests made from the app for a definitive answer :)

Last edited:

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

In that case, I think I see what you are getting at, and this would not be the app for you in that case ;)

This app is really good for finding music that perhaps you can't find on xbox music, spotify etc. Not to say that it won't find the music on those services, more that this goes above and beyond these limited offerings ;) For e.g, Xbox Music for me seems to only find 2 out of 3 of Crystal Castles albums, this app will enable me to find that third album (coincidently d?but) not on xbox music :)

Last edited:

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
we should clearly clarfiy where the sources of your music will be.

Give me a really good reason why it is necessary I list my sources and I will! Given that the music is free, I think a bit of common sense prevails and you can make a determination on use of the app based on that.

However, as mentioned in the Disclaimer, Cheeky Ghost Apps does not store or provide any of the music (Hence why it clears certification). The results provided in the app are given to the app by online music indexers, sites who build an index of available music on the internet. The rights to the music remain the property of whomever is exposing the music on the internet. To that effect, the music holder can withdraw the music at any time.

I aim to expand the number of music sources over time, I am currently already building another one into version 1.1 of the app.

imbasaurus

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Give me a really good reason why it is necessary I list my sources and I will! Given that the music is free, I think a bit of common sense prevails and you can make a determination on use of the app based on that.

However, as mentioned in the Disclaimer, Cheeky Ghost Apps does not store or provide any of the music (Hence why it clears certification). The results provided in the app are given to the app by online music indexers, sites who build an index of available music on the internet. The rights to the music remain the property of whomever is exposing the music on the internet. To that effect, the music holder can withdraw the music at any time.

I aim to expand the number of music sources over time, I am currently already building another one into version 1.1 of the app.

ugh, for intellectual property laws? when you say "Free" music, what does the "free" mean? you mean "royalty-free" or just a song you can download "free" if you know what i mean?
it doesn't matter if the sources are from the indexes coming from the internet, you as the developer should follow the copyright of these song, yes, we need a suitable amount of apps for this ecosystem to prosper, but we really need to do it the right way, if any case the songs you offer is for indie song writers and artists that really need exposure then yes, it's a good app. but if it's for downloading a song without going through legit things, ....

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
ugh, for intellectual property laws? when you say "Free" music, what does the "free" mean? you mean "royalty-free" or just a song you can download "free" if you know what i mean?
it doesn't matter if the sources are from the indexes coming from the internet, you as the developer should follow the copyright of these song, yes, we need a suitable amount of apps for this ecosystem to prosper, but we really need to do it the right way, if any case the songs you offer is for indie song writers and artists that really need exposure then yes, it's a good app. but if it's for downloading a song without going through legit things, ....

As I said, given that the music is free, a bit of common sense prevails......... and I don't know what rights the content provider has to provide the music and frankly I don't care as I'm not the one providing the content. This is why my app passes certification and is allowed on the store.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Like the man said. My dude is not the content provider. He merely did us a favor and buttoned ACCESS to said providers into a nice, neat WP app. I'm sure that nothing you could access through his UI could not be found, saved, etc using IE, UC, or any browser for that matter. Its not a matter of content or access

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs