Hi all,

I'd like to extend the invitation to a private beta I'm running for my next WP8 app: Honest Cabbie. This is an app that can be used to track your trip while in the taxi and ensure that you're being charged honestly and fairly at the end.

It works in both kilometres and miles, for those who use imperial units. It also has a real-time live tile; while tracking the app runs in the background (just like Nokia Maps), and updates the tile every few seconds so you can see a real-time figure without needing to return to the app.

Reply here or send me a PM if you're interested. As with most Windows betas, you'll need to provide me your Microsoft Account ID so I can whitelist your account for download.

Anyone who participates and gives feedback along the way will get a free copy of the app when it's launched in a few weeks. Because of this I am selectively choosing users who will get the most out of the app, and I'd appreciate it if you give me a one-line description of how you'll use the app when you send me your account ID.

Thanks!
    Nik Rolls
    12-02-2013 10:27 PM
    Thanks for bringing a new app to the attention of the members of WPCentral. This looks interesting and useful. Good luck with your app.
    Nik Rolls likes this.
    12-02-2013 10:34 PM
    Would this be available in the Philippines? I would love to beta test
    12-10-2013 11:26 AM
    It should do! I definitely want to test in countries with different currencies to see how Windows Phone translates it and if I need to make any tweaks. I'm also looking for translators for the general text.

Can you PM me your Microsoft ID, and I can add you to the beta. Thanks!
    12-10-2013 03:35 PM
    just sent you a PM. This is an interesting app.
    12-10-2013 04:21 PM
    Thanks! It's on the way.

I'm working on the next update which has a 'best route' option so you can see if the taxi driver is taking you the best way. Then I just need to sort the payment model and fix any bugs from beta, then it will be launched.
    12-10-2013 04:34 PM
    Hi Nik,

I use taxi's fairly often to get to and from work, and would be more than happy to help test your app the next time I get a ride from one :)
    12-17-2013 11:24 AM