[Beta] FoulPlay: Access the Playstation Network on Windows Phone 8

innerlogic

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
UKP5lV2l.jpg

Hey everyone, I'm InnerLogic. I totally forgot I had an account here, but now it's time I finally start posting!
I'm a Windows Phone/Windows 8 developer. I've developed such hit applications as Diabetus and Slowbeef, Windows Phone/8 Croudia clients. I'm now working on a new app that is sure to please a, well, wider audience, as it were.

FoulPlay is a Windows phone 8 app that lets you log in to the PSN. Think of it as the PS4 companion app that Sony forgot to develop. It can do quite a few things right now, such as managing friends lists, sending messages, checking out and comparing trophies and more. But of course, I have so many more plans for it. I have basically mapped out all of Sony's private PSN API (I'm not sure if anyone else currently has. If so, then I wasted my time. But if not, I'm totally gonna release it).

Here is a video showing off some of what it can currently do. Note: The UI looks a bit crap, I'm working on that. :unhappysweat:

I've made quite a few updates since this video, and that was only a few days ago. I should have a stable version up and running very soon, so I want to get a group of beta testers together. I'm looking for anyone interested, but especially those from non-american locales. Sony's official app handles language a bit weird, mixing both your PSN account region and your phones region for displaying its UI (you can see that in the video above). I know what it is for Japanese and English, but not the rest. I'm also looking for UI feedback, and which features are most important for users. I can't please everyone on the first pass, but it would be nice to have a starting point.

Also the GitHub is here, in case anyone is interested in actually helping me develop it.

pdplatypus

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
It's been a long time since this app was "unpublished" on Windows Phone store.
I use your Windows 8/8.1 app though and it is still active on Windows store.

Do you have any intention to bring it back again? Thanks

Edu Pinho

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but I will take my chances anyway. I've downloaded today the "foulpay" psn app on my windows phone. It's by far the best app on PSN services / trohpies / friends that I've found for Windows Phone. It's so good it's almost on par with the android ones (I've had an android phone for years).

Thing is, after I installed, the phone began to malfunction, and I was no longer able to wake him, only through a charger. Suspecting it had some to do with this app, I hard resetted the phone, installed everything, and things were working fine. Then I downloaded and installed "foulpay" again, and again I began to have the problem of the wake button not working.

After some research, I've found a page with the app, and a text with the description of the app that said: "-Rebuilt from the ground up, this version of FoulPlay should no longer have any wake lock issues.". After that I was pretty sure the app had something to do with the problem, but anyway, can't understand why it didn'd work, since I am downloading today (feb/09/2015), and this page said the problem was solved.

I found the page describing the app on the site appx4fun. I wonder if the version on windows store has a different version than this one. Sorry if I am being stupid or anything.

Am I missing something? Is there still a problem with the app? If you could fix it would be awesome, because it's a great app. But by now, I will no longer install it, it crashes the phone alright.... Anyway, thanks again, and keep in mind that I was only trying to help.

Cheers from Brazil!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans