Pocket File Manager 8.1 version beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

eko_p

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Bug report
1. When I select multiple file from documents folder in int storage it always go back to root screen
2. My SD card got labelled 'SD card2' and when I tried to rename it the app always force close

I'll let you know if I find more

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Bug report
1. When I select multiple file from documents folder in int storage it always go back to root screen
2. My SD card got labelled 'SD card2' and when I tried to rename it the app always force close

I'll let you know if I find more

1. Did not get it. Can you explain more?
2. Fixed. It is named right now as SD Card2 just for debug purpose. Old SD Card right now is hidden. I really hope that MS will fix the probem with access right so I can go back to old access method where people wouldn't select folder to use, but instead will be able to work with every folder right after installing of app.

For all participated testers. Do not forget to post your bug reports here.

Soumavo Maitra

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Till now I have not noticed any bugs and my test is going absolutely good with PFM Beta. I'll surely report here if I find any bug

Good work! You rocked it Ray.

eko_p

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
1. Did not get it. Can you explain more?

When I tried to select lots of file with 'multi select' option in documents folder the screen go back automatically to root/home screen
But after a few try I've manage to select the files that I need without going back to root screen ... maybe its a hit and miss bug

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
If soneone did not get how to add SD card and other folders to the list, here is instruction

1 tap on "+" button and select add provider

2 select "Phone folder" and select any folder you want to work withsomenew.png

Soumavo Maitra

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Okay,

So the first bug I have found.

I have created a new folder into the music folder and tried to move/cut some songs via multi select to that folder but it did nothing. I also tried to move them one by one but again nothing happens.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
In public version SD card information is available
mymu6utu.png

Why in beta version it is not available buddy??

vu9ehuhy.png

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay,

So the first bug I have found.

I have created a new folder into the music folder and tried to move/cut some songs via multi select to that folder but it did nothing. I also tried to move them one by one but again nothing happens.

Cannot reproduce your bug :( Just tested copying files from SD to Music folder, no problems , strange.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I tried moving some video files from WhatsApp folder to videos folder but they are not getting move.
P.s they both folder are in memory card.

Soumavo Maitra

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Cannot reproduce your bug :( Just tested copying files from SD to Music folder, no problems , strange.

The files(.mp3) are in the music hub And they are downloaded via IE. I have added Music folder in PFM and created a folder in it. Then I tried to move those songs to that folder but nothing happens. Btw, copy works fine here.

EDIT: I tried to move a file from SD card to videos and it worked fine. Donno what's happening in the music folder

Naren Parker

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
First of all, great app Ryan. I've been using it as my go-to file manager since WP8.0 and it really makes working across clouds and phone really simple. How does WP8.1 favor PFM? Do we get increased access to the file system, say for example to the new "downloads" folder and may be folders of apps like WhatsApp etc? Never knew that you'd be removing so many features in this release. I thought WP8.1 had more APIs for devs to play around with. Anyways, wishing you great success with your app on the "new" OS. :)

Soumavo Maitra

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I tried moving some video files from WhatsApp folder to videos folder but they are not getting move.
P.s they both folder are in memory card.

Exactly.

I have figured it out that moving files from one directory to other(example,music to SD card) directory works. But moving files in same directory is not working

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The files(.mp3) are in the music hub And they are downloaded via IE. I have added Music folder in PFM and created a folder in it. Then I tried to move those songs to that folder but nothing happens. Btw, copy works fine here.

EDIT: I tried to move a file from SD card to videos and it worked fine. Donno what's happening in the music folder

Where are they in PFM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12