Pushbullet for WP 8.1

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Pushpin | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)Hi Everyone

I'm currently in the Beta stages of the Pushbullet for WP 8.1 app - this will be my first app and I'm just building a thread on it so I can keep all information in one place.

2.png
What is Pushbullet?

https://www.pushbullet.com

Pushbullet makes it really easy to get files, links, and more from your computer onto your phone. You can even use Pushbullet to send them to friends as well!

Why send things with Pushbullet? Because they show up instantly right in your phone's notification tray, enabling you to open it right away!

What can you send with Pushbullet? You can send pictures, links, files, notes/reminders, and more right into your phone's notification tray.

So what makes Pushbullet so useful?
  • Simple! It's the easiest way to get things from your computer onto your phone (or even from your phone onto your computer)! It's also great for sharing links, files, and more with friends!
  • Files sent with Pushbullet are automatically downloaded and waiting for you and swiping the notification instantly opens the file! This means you'll never have to go dig for a file again in your email or Dropbox ever again.
  • Links sent with Pushbullet take you right to the website from the notification. This makes it easy to pick up where you left off or get to the article you wanted to read later.
  • Instead of looking up an address all over again on your phone, you can now just push the address to your phone. tapping the notification will take you right to the Maps app!

The app is now live!

Download here:

Pushpin | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

• Real time Push notifications
  • Receiving push history from 7 days ago (this is limited until I sort out speed issues)
  • Send notes, links, lists, address and images to other devices
  • Share directly from the app
  • Share web links from other apps to Pushbullet
  • Uses the new authentication system Pushbullet has in place so you can manage installed apps through your account settings.

Thanks

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, sounds very useful to me. :) I've immediately signed up for the beta.
​If you're interested in having your app localized for Germany, let me know. :)

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow, sounds very useful to me. :) I've immediately signed up for the beta.
​If you're interested in having your app localized for Germany, let me know. :)

That will be extremely helpful! I'll be looking to translate it to German once I've ironed out all the bugs.

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

First off, thank you so much for showing support for WP.

I have a question - Does your app use WiFi Direct to transfer files between phones?

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

First off, thank you so much for showing support for WP.

I have a question - Does your app use WiFi Direct to transfer files between phones?

No the app uses the Windows Notification Service available for Push Notifications. I'm utilising the Pushbullet APIs to provide real time notifications for everyone.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You've apparently already added my MS account to the beta tester list as I've been just able to download the app. Thanks a lot! :D

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I've registered for the beta. Downloaded app. Looks like there's a login issue. Looking forward for a fix and exploring the app.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've registered for the beta. Downloaded app. Looks like there's a login issue. Looking forward for a fix and exploring the app.

Login is working fine for me. Besides the fact that the app crashes afterwards (and keeps doing so upon launch). But Sandeepsp has already stated this in his initial post and also that if you send something to your device and use the notification to open the app, the issue gets fixed.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
sent myself a link 5mins ago and haven't received any notifications yet. Is there any delay between sending and receiving ? (if there's one, i'm gonna go back to my old method (email))

edit: the second time it worked.

Last edited:

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
sent myself a link 5mins ago and haven't received any notifications yet. Is there any delay between sending and receiving ? (if there's one, i'm gonna go back to my old method (email))

edit: the second time it worked.

Hmm that's a bit strange. I'll look in to that issue.

But most likely it takes up to 10 seconds to send a push. On most cases it's usually 2 seconds from the moment you push.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmm that's a bit strange. I'll look in to that issue.

But most likely it takes up to 10 seconds to send a push. On most cases it's usually 2 seconds from the moment you push.

I've edited my original post, dont know if you saw that.

so far i've pushed 3 items and all showed up (except the initial delay).

When i opened the app with the last push notification, only that item was shown in the list and there's no way to see the previously pushed items. i don't know if that's how it was intended and you've restart the app to see all pushed items ? I would expect a go home button so i can go home from the pushed item and see the whole list of pushed articles.

Some other feedback:
1. can you cache the list so it doesn't take long to open the app ?
2. Do something about the boring resuming screen. I thought MS made it "easier" with WP8.1 to avoid that. I don't know.
3. UI could use some tweaks. It looks small (maybe an option to change the font size ?). Have you used Poki ? It's a nicely designed Pocket app and they have a very similar functionality where you can see a title, its link and tapping on them takes the user to its content.

Thanks for bringing this to WP. I could stop emailing myself...haha

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I've edited my original post, dont know if you saw that.

so far i've pushed 3 items and all showed up (except the initial delay).

When i opened the app with the last push notification, only that item was shown in the list and there's no way to see the previously pushed items. i don't know if that's how it was intended and you've restart the app to see all pushed items ? I would expect a go home button so i can go home from the pushed item and see the whole list of pushed articles.

Some other feedback:
1. can you cache the list so it doesn't take long to open the app ?
2. Do something about the boring resuming screen. I thought MS made it "easier" with WP8.1 to avoid that. I don't know.
3. UI could use some tweaks. It looks small (maybe an option to change the font size ?). Have you used Poki ? It's a nicely designed Pocket app and they have a very similar functionality where you can see a title, its link and tapping on them takes the user to its content.

Thanks for bringing this to WP. I could stop emailing myself...haha

All extremely good points. Just to summarise

When tapping a push notification it'll take you to the app where you can view it. Pressing back should take you to the home page and show all previous pushes. It's still a work in progress.

1. It's something on the list. I'm still putting a solution in place to better provide this functionality.

2. I haven't actually come across this in my testing, I'm still waiting on the Lumia 930 to reach me so I can do some physical testing. So I've just been testing on the simulator for now.

3. It's all still in progress and I do still need to polish things up. I have seen poki. It's a nicely designed app. I'll put the font size changes on the to do list.

Just to confirm all push notifications were sent to you then?

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Just released a new update for the Beta, the initial crash should now be fixed and Pushes are now cached so you won't be shown an empty loading screen while it's retrieving your new pushes.

tlgem

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
No crash - signed in no problem - sent push to chrome extension on mac ok & from mac to phone :)
Just text but was almost instant

tlgem

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Sent photo to chrome went thru pretty quick but when going back to app there are 4 instances of push ? nokia icon 8.1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo