Pushbullet for WP 8.1

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Ok.. so I haven't updated yet but am facing the same issue as the 2 above me... not getting any notifications, also when I open the app, it takes longer to sync than before, but the push eventually appears there.

P.S - I prefer the name Pushbullet to Pushpin, cause well, you're not really pinning anything.

chandramuralis

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
That's an odd issue, have you tapped the menu item "Not receiving push notifications"? I haven't seen the app breaking in my testing.

I haven't seen any issues with the update breaking the app. If the app's working fine for you now then you don't need to update until you want confirmation. There isn't a great deal that's changed from the previous version.

Sandeep, I've tried that option too, but no change. Application is not getting new items even though I pressed refresh button several times manually.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
OK guys I've found out the issue, it appears to be another Pushbullet related API issue. I've contacted them and hopefully we can get this fixed as soon as possible. It won't require an update to the app. Please give it up to 24 hours, normally they're pretty fast fixing these issues.

EDIT: This is also the reason the Push Notification service has stopped working as it relies on this information.

Thanks

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Another update, I applied a little patch on my side that could get around this issue. Can you guys try and start sending pushes to your WP devices and confirm you're getting a notification?

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Another update, I applied a little patch on my side that could get around this issue. Can you guys try and start sending pushes to your WP devices and confirm you're getting a notification?

Didn't get the new update yet, but can confirm that the notifications are fixed. Thanks Sandeep!

chandramuralis

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I actually noticed there are two instance of my device registered in PushBullet site and I deleted both the instance because I don't know which one is latest. Then Re-installed the app and now Push Notifications is working fine.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Didn't get the new update yet, but can confirm that the notifications are fixed. Thanks Sandeep!

Sorry it wasn't a new update, was just saying it's an update to the thread :) The push notification server's running smoothly now and I believe Pushbullet have slowly started making a start on official Windows Phone/Windows RT push notifications from their end so we can start receiving push notifications directly from them rather than my servers.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Same here, still not getting notifications

Can you try again or PM me your device ID so I can check on the server. To find your device ID just simply go to pushbullet.com and click on your device on the left sidebar. Then copy the URL and send it over to me. ensure it has device_iden in the URL I can then look up why you aren't recieving push notifications. The same goes for everyone else :)

chandramuralis

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Can you try again or PM me your device ID so I can check on the server. To find your device ID just simply go to pushbullet.com and click on your device on the left sidebar. Then copy the URL and send it over to me. ensure it has device_iden in the URL I can then look up why you aren't recieving push notifications. The same goes for everyone else :)

I'm not sure if you update something on backend.... Push notifications started working now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077