Pushbullet for WP 8.1

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I haven't given an update in a long time on this forum. I've decided to make a big change on this and it's actually slowing development a lot - Pushbullet has been kind enough to develop in native Push notification support directly from their servers which will create a much more stable and seamless experience - along with this will include channel support and any new fun features Pushbullet have included over the past couple of months.

Just to summarise everything that will be coming over the next quarter:

- Windows Phone 8.1 & Windows 8 Full Screen app - taking design ideas from Windows 10 UX design. The apps are being completely redesigned to look similar and provide a fast, cleaner experience.
- Channel Support (Adding, Searching, Removing and receiving channel notifications)
- Push notifications directly from Pushbullet (Only will be available for Pushpin)
- Universal Copy and Paste is unfortunately not supported in Windows Phone 8.1 Apps
- Windows Phone Notification Mirroring to the desktop
- Coding changes that will speed speed the app considerably

The app is no longer published anymore.
​What happend?

Hi

The app is still published, I can't see anything missing on the store, you can use the following link to access the app page Pushpin | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) or even go to Pushpin for Pushbullet - Windows Phone 8.1 Application

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
A long time coming, Push Notification support directly from Pushbullet themselves has been submitted to the store. Whenever you send a push to your Windows Phone device Pushbullet themselves will be sending the pushes directly to your phone rather than my servers. This currently is only implemented for my app.

The only new change in this update is the removal of some tracking libraries for crash detection and the change in Push Notification support. I am in the process of implementing channel support in the next version, please be patient.

The update should be coming over to everyone over the next 12 hours.

https://pushbullet.orthodox.io/app/changelog/

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
A long time coming, Push Notification support directly from Pushbullet themselves has been submitted to the store. Whenever you send a push to your Windows Phone device Pushbullet themselves will be sending the pushes directly to your phone rather than my servers. This currently is only implemented for my app.

The only new change in this update is the removal of some tracking libraries for crash detection and the change in Push Notification support. I am in the process of implementing channel support in the next version, please be patient.

The update should be coming over to everyone over the next 12 hours.

https://pushbullet.orthodox.io/app/changelog/

Long time no update : P
Guess yours is the closest to official PB in store now huh... Good Job & keep it up

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I've just purchased a used Lumia 635 to test the constant issues that people have been getting with this device. So I will be testing and fixing the issues over the next week.

Thanks
Sandeep

drhere

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Does this app do Windows Phone Notification Mirroring to the desktop, I have tested this on a 640, it does not work. Is there a setting I am missing?

Thanks.

sez who

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
sorry for being a n00b, but what does "Windows Phone Notification Mirroring" mean? :s receiving notifications like messages / phone calls on PC? :eek:

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
sorry for being a n00b, but what does "Windows Phone Notification Mirroring" mean? :s receiving notifications like messages / phone calls on PC? :eek:

Yep that's right. If you install the pushbullet desktop client then any notification that is shown on your windows phone will be mirrored to your desktop.

Unfortunately I've put dev on hold for now for personal reasons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs