Unofficial Starbucks app for WP8.1 - Buckstar BETA - Testers needed

TheExcelsior

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody! My name is Jay and have been a long time lurker of WPCentral. I've been working on a app for Starbucks for some time now. The original intention was to build an app for my own use and not necessarily publish it (given the fact that I'm not a full time developer and didn't have too much confidence to publish it, for the fear of ending up looking foolish :smile: ). The main driver was that the existing apps provided only the basic features, which didn't fulfill my needs. So I set out to build one on my own.

The result is Buckstar (The name is a rearrangement, obviously) and I'm mustering up courage to open it up for public beta in a short while, but before I go about talking about the app, I'd like to hear general opinion on the app and if anyone would be interested to try it out.

The platform is WP8.1 only at this time.

You can download the app here - http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=74cd580e-4868-44b2-854e-a16ccde5fe20

Cheers,
Jay

Last edited:

TheExcelsior

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
** UPDATE (17-Jul)**
If your app crashes after an update that was published last evening, a fix is on the way and should be available within the next few hours. Thanks for the feedback!!!

About the app
The app allows users to connect to their starbucks.com account to have their card details including balance, card image, stars earned and free rewards available. Additional features include automatic update of card balance and the ability to get a notification when there is a change in the card balance.

The app also features wallet integration features that allows for the cards to be added to the wallet app

Key features include
  • Card details: Card balance, card image
  • Membership details: Stars earned, stars to next reward, redeemable free rewards, current membership level
  • Wallet integration: Ability of mobile payments through integration with the wallet app, with the last 12 transactions integrated into the wallet card
  • Notifications for card balance change

Note: The app has been tested only for the US region at this time and if it works in other regions, the balance will only be in USD. If you'd like to help us extend support to your region, please reach out to me at betasupport[at]eyertech.com

Request to the community
If you have an issue/bug or for that matter suggestions on features, please use the feedback button in the app to provide the same. In the event you are having trouble using/opening the app, please drop a note to [betasupport at eyertech.com] (Yeah, I created it to sound like its from a company :cool: and also to manage responses better)

Alternatively, if you do love the app, please do feel free to rate the app in the store and recommend the app to your friends. I've made it as an ad-supported version, which is not common for a beta app, so please bear with it (hopefully unobtrusive and in the process let me earn a few cents :) )

You can download the app here - http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=74cd580e-4868-44b2-854e-a16ccde5fe20

QR code for those who use a mobile
QRCode.png
Some sample screenshots...

Splashscreen.png
Login.png
HomeScreen.png
Wallet.png
WalletTransaction.png
RewardHistory.png
StarHistory.png
Settings-Sync.png

Last edited:

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Funny, I just got Starbucks today for the first time in months with a gift card and I was thinking about an app. I'm interested in it though, it looks nice!

TheExcelsior

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the interest folks! I'd post the link as soon as it is published in the store. So in the meanwhile, I've updated the original post with additional details on the app and screenshots. Hope you like it!!!

07outback

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I really like your app. It gives me all the info on my Starbucks account that I need. I especially love how it shows what rewards are currently available and which ones have expired. I certainly appreciate having the ability within the app to reload my card. The one negative is having to type in my password into MS wallet to make my purchase. I wish I could just click on my card, have it flip over and show the back of the card w/the barcode. It would be cool if my name appeared on my gold card in the app, but that is probably asking too much. You do need to have a nicer looking live tile as it does not represent what the app is.

Keep up the great work!

TheExcelsior

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Looks like this app possibly got pulled, I'm not seeing it in the store.

Yes. I had pulled the app on a temporary basis to figure out what was causing a random issue where the app was made unusable. Since this is an issue that I couldn't replicate, I had taken the safer approach and unpublished it until the issue is found.

The issue has not been resolved yet, but I've re-published the app again since many hundreds of users using it didn't face any issues and that there are two updates rolling out (Cyan as well as the new update for Dev preview) requiring apps to be reinstalled. I will continue to research the root cause and provide an update, hopefully soon.

Thanks for the support folks!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos